Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
I just received word that a friend of mine has died, his name is John Nemeth. We met several years ago in his gold prospecting shop where we sat and talked for about two hours or a touch longer about prospecting and mining. John has spent a sizeable hunk of his life messing in mines and he gladly shared some of his experiences with me. After that first meeting he offered me the use of his shop as well as his motor home as places I could stay in while I was in the area nosing around in the hills. I took him up on that offer in 2011 and stayed in his shop for a couple of weeks while I waited for the snow to melt. I will miss that crazy Hungarian. God Bless you John, rest in peace. Your friend Herb

Upvote 0

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Sorry to here that Herb.
Sounds like he is a great person. Wish I would have met him.
Maybe I have??? In that small town, I have spent alot of time there.
RIP John

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Herb

I am very sorry to hear of your friends passing. Sounds like the kind of person we would all be better of having known. We are only on this earth for a brief moment, and when we touch people, we know our time has been well spent. Prayers of comfort for you and his family, and a safe journey for your friend.....

Last edited:

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Sorry to hear bud. Sad loss. The day and age is changing and people like that are becoming more far and few between. Sounds like a very nice generous person.

I bet he is sitting on top of a 100lb nugget smiling down at us.

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to express the sorrow of losing a friend. My condolences to you and to his family.
I like to celebrate their life, and a remember all we did together.
This is your thread, tell us some stories. what did he do, where did you go together,how did you make your ancestors proud.
We can keep them alive in these pages. Someone once told me when you put it in the net it's there forever.
The Internet is helping us all to become immortal.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are greatly diminished by the loss of any good mining men or women.. As the herd thins we are indeed a dying breed-RIP ol'sod---respect-John

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In passing you will always remember his friendship and he will live on through you and the people he touched.
He sounds like a really great guy, a rare thing anymore just like those big nuggets.

Take it easy today.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss Herb. I have built a similar relationship with my local mining equip. dealer. Thank goodness he is only going to retire. I'm sure he willbe missed dearly by all he touched. Gods speed.

B H Prospector

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loosing a good friend to Death Herb is a bitter pill to swallow for sure. But you can
and will keep him alive with your memories of the good times you spent with him, sharing
stories over a cup of coffee and remembering those great little things that he used to
tell you about. :icon_thumright: Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone! Your kind and thoughtful comments about the passing of a friend and fellow miner are appreciated and indeed celebrate his life from birth to death with all the changes in between through choice to befriend others and to share his knowledge and kindness with them. Your comments are a testament to why this site exists, bringing about sharing and goodness. Hang in there John, we will catch up with you eventually..........63bkpkr

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
Sorry to hear. People who unselfishly share their knowledge seem to be getting fewer and fewer. Our thoughts are with you and his family and friends.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread