AT Gold???

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Ray has probably forgot more about gold, than most of us will learn in a lifetime. This is like argueing with Hoser about Dredging. Ray has a Minelab and uses it as well as his Gold Pro. He is a monthly contributor to ICMJ, has posted articles at least the last three months running. He doesn't need me to speak for him, as his body of work and continued success speaks for itself.Go on most any respected MDing board, and mention his name and see what kind of response you get. You fellas seem to be barking up the wrong tree, and quite simply are bringing a pen knife to a machine gun fight. The AT Pro may be a fine detector, but in finding sub grain gold, it just doesn't match GB PRO. JMHO.. Good health and good hunting...

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Going to the dealer and trying it is not a real test and I think everyone knows this except you. I doubt you even know how to ground balance it accurately. The ATG does not use the high frequency for sub-grain. The high frequency machines don't go as deep and they don't like mineralization. So to compare the two is phony.

Now your making yourself look bad because you didnt read what he had to say, he is talking about the Pro (Low Freq) not the II (High Freq)
Also, the dealers we have up here are awesome (Miners Cache,) they will spend HOURS with you and show you the Pro's and Con's of each machine.
I am sorry if the dealers in your area are simply out to sell and not to teach.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know BS when I see it. It's Dave J. propaganda. This thread is probably bogus. BTW the GMT is high freq.

Last edited:

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
signal_line said:
I know BS when I see it. It's Dave J. propaganda. This thread is probably bogus. BTW the GMT is high freq.

Do you think this thread was started by the secret Metal detector FBI division??

You guys are cracking me up! ROTF

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My only point is this is what you said.. your quote ( I dont know how long you have used any of these units but even if it was every day for six months that is just starting to get close to learning and realizing what they can do). So how can you comment on the the gold?your kicking AT gold and never had one in your hand
I just dont understand how anybody can post anything about another detector on here or Arizona Outback, or Nuggethunting,or Nuggetshooting you fogot & about GPAA when they dont know anything about it
I would almost better the Dealer you went to was the one who sold you what you have..

The At gold and goldbug are very good machine i think your just one sided because thats what you have and thats what the dealer sold you
I think a minelab is a very good machine to ..lots of my friends have them most like them , some dont but i not going to say that their not good just because some dont like them

Hey Ezzz, you need to slow your roll and come to a complete Stop. Ray has found more gold than you will ever hold in your hands. I'm not really sure why you are so hyped up on the AT Gold, but there are hundreds of us that know first hand that it is no better than the old Scorpion, and can't hold a candle to a Goldbug or LST. I teach people from all over the world how to nuggetshoot every year in the Weaver and Bradshaw Mountains of Central Arizona. We use Tesoro Lobo Super Traq VLF machines, and Minelab GPX PI machines. I do not know a single serious gold nugget hunter that has used a Garrett machine in the goldfields since 1979.

Ray knows what he is talking about, and has thousands of hours on the headphones. Try and give more factual information instead of greenhorn airtest results, and show a little respect for a respected nuggetshooter, and we'll lighten up on you a little.

Sincerely,

Terry Soloman, COO
Arizona Gold Adventures Inc.

ezzz1

Oct 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75,Teknetic 8000, At pro , At gold,Tesoro Sabre Compass X-80,fisher cd3z, goldbug2 , Garrett 250 ace 150 ,Fisher F-5,fisher 553,Teknetic 2000,fisher f4 Tesoro lobo,, silver Umax, ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry everyone on here know your nothing but a tesoro lover.. and put down other brands when you get a chance.or take cheap shots.. I think you are the one that takes people to the salted fields..and let them pretend like they really found something.also this greenhorn has more time in the field than most dream doing it over 40 yrs. but i think its a shame that you and other who get on here down grading other detector when you also have never had them in your hands. But it seam to be a buddy buddy system that jump on people when their not in your little group and you dont like what they say. what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ezzz1 said:
Terry everyone on here know your nothing but a tesoro lover.. and put down other brands when you get a chance.or take cheap shots.. I think you are the one that takes people to the salted fields..and let them pretend like they really found something.also this greenhorn has more time in the field than most dream doing it over 40 yrs. but i think its a shame that you and other who get on here down grading other detector when you also have never had them in your hands. But it seam to be a buddy buddy system that jump on people when their not in your little group and you dont like what they say. what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know? I've only ever had a metal detector in my hand a few times, but I know an ass when I see/hear one. Ezzz1, if you don't like the conversation, you are welcome to leave the forum.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Take that rope and run with it Ezz, but when you get to the end of it and reality jerks it tight around your neck just remember we tried to be nice. :thumbsup:

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
DEALER OF Garrett, & Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is typical treasure net,,,
If you dont like what someone says you attack the individual .This is Terry style....he thinks he gods gift to mankind
Look what he said .............. we tried to be nice.
thumbsup.gif
he is probably on the phone now call his friends to get on here
We Terry? what do you do tell them what to say!
Terry you lost your credibility a long time ago on here
EZZ said it right how can you talk about a metal detector when you never use one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread