cold day warm gold

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• gold 12-16 179.JPG
    gold 12-16 179.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Pville you hit that write up perfect about the gold seeking boots. Sometimes I just stop like its the holy grail and have to test a spot, turned out well this time. Glad you like the pics, I enjoy seeing all the pics of gold on tnet!! Would love to see things here in CA change on recreational prospecting but you all know. What size were you dredging? Looks like a 3" Proline? Had a great day sluicing, good company good scenery and good gold!!

Last edited:

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
................last night,pulling up my drive way,there was a guy in the pouring down rain(wipers couldnt hardly keep up)cleaning out some crevices(a spot a lot of locals go)I thought,DEVOTION,or STARVING!!I remember those days,still have the passion,but will wait for the rain to stop :laughing7:

Seriously??? You have locals prospecting in your driveway!!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously??? You have locals prospecting in your driveway!!!

:laughing7: yep......(its actually not my drive way....but the road my drive wy comes off....same creek runs through my yard).I never seen this guy before though?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That just cracked me up! Thanks.

:thumbsup: Many of us like Pville are kind of spoiled..........its still not easy work though!!The easy gold is long gone
Shoot,you are real close to all kinds too!

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:thumbsup: Many of us like Pville are kind of spoiled..........its still not easy work though!!The easy gold is long gone
Shoot,you are real close to all kinds too!

Yes I am lucky. I am less than a mile from Clear Creek which is where the first gold in Shasta County was found and i actually have a creek that runs past my work I can pan at during my lunch hours if I want...

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of the reasons I love living in metro Denver...gold in most creeks and all three major waterways so you're never far from a place to pan :-) that and our intermittently sunny/mild weather means I've been out at least once every month for the last year and a half or more. (I noticed i was on a roll a few months ago and am now keeping the streak alive!)

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:laughing7: pull out of driveway...turn....drive 6 minutes.....park...unload car......reload Sam Colt:thumbsup:.....Head downhill to creek 7 minutes cause I know right where were goin'.Hit an exposed bedrock shelf....Gravelwasher...owns a pair of Goldseeking Metal free Converse Combat boots that stopped him 15 feet short of me and they sure did their job Sunday didn't they Gravelwasher:notworthy:.amount of work was about 5 hours of Poppin' bedrock, scraping Moss digging cracks. We were both running Drop Riffle sluices, his is an angus mckirk, mine a cutom drop generic from Placerville hardware with added aluminium flare...ample flow so we could both set up quick and do clean outs easily. gravel wasnt classifying i was because I was on clay. We each dug combined maybe a 1/8 yard...:dontknow:We carry down a 3gal bucket each all manners of sniping gear and prybar,shovels,picks. Yet still very light and mobile.All my gear is payed for and pays for more.Food....we shared a hunk of Salami and I had some crackers and a bag of chips. My feet and hands were both cold It was gray and even rained a bit....And I can't say I wanted it any different.I looked at my phone and whoooa crap its 3:15.....told the wife I would be home around 2:00....He..he.he..There is no sense of time when your on color all day......so final clean up....pack up...walk back...reload car,unload Peacemaker...drive home...back by four. Good day off....freezing in Garage didn't want to start fire just for Blue Bowl....So Beer, snuffer bottle and dining room table was finishing station.Research and time on the ground are key.

So lets sum up here ....................We got 5 hours , Salami , crackers , chips , beer and some purdy California shine .

Hell Pville , looks like you and the Gravelwasher got it pretty much figured to me . :icon_thumright:

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pville you hit that write up perfect about the gold seeking boots. Sometimes I just stop like its the holy grail and have to test a spot, turned out well this time. Glad you like the pics, I enjoy seeing all the pics of gold on tnet!! Would love to see things here in CA change on recreational prospecting but you all know. What size were you dredging? Looks like a 3" Proline? Had a great day sluicing, good company good scenery and good gold!!

If you were refering to my post it is a 4" Proline I am planning on dredging all winter.As long as the water heater works.

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
wow thats some nice chunky stuff guys. Just yell if you want to share your spot with me, i might be able to go out in a month if my knee heals up. im in rocklin.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Goldseeking Metal free Converse Combat boots "- now that right there is something I need to add to my arsenal. WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions