The History of Gold Prospecting. Best sources?

John-K

Jul 31, 2012
>GJ Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Curious on suggested reading material for learning more on the history of Gold Prospecting from before the 1800s. Lots of great stuff on the 1800s and moving forward but I am interested in learning more on pre 1800s to include ancient methods since gold has played such a strong part in our civilization. I have found mention to it being important for trading but looking more for the actual business of finding/refining, etc... :-)

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take advantage of Google and Bing. There are thousands of hours of lectures and articles to choose from. Here is one to get you started! Chapter 6: Ancient Silver and Gold

OP
OP
J

John-K

Jul 31, 2012
>GJ Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will definitly check that link out. I have seen some stuff out there that is interesting and will look at any links people have found informative. Hoping that people may be able to suggest some stuff in that old media of paper and ink as well. Been able to find some great reads on Colorado from the library. Material in bound format only. :-D

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions