Old hand lookng for a team to put together a barge and excavator to attack Nome.

Barndawg

Jan 14, 2011
Illinois (STL area)
Detector(s) used
Home made gold prospecting equipment of various types
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have an idea that would make the Pomrenkes look like hand panners. Only problem is, I have no money to implement my plan (and it's a damn good one). My other dilemma is getting someone interested enough to implement my idea without "stealing" it from me and leaving me high and dry with nothing to show for my killer idea....
Not to toot my own horn too loudly, but I think I'm a pretty good fabricator and I can operate just about any heavy equipment out there. Problem is, how do I get someone with the dream and money to consider this idea without getting screwed. Any ideas guys?

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theharlyman2, I love your signature! :icon_thumright: That guy from Dakota is a whack job if you ask me. He for sure likes to play dirty. Kafeman, just make sure you do your homework and stay involved so you don't end up like the wild ranger dredge!

Hey thanks! That would be mandatory law if I ever was president!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Barndawg, I know what you mean! I have an idea that would be super and guarranty to pull out a lot of gold with the way I am thinking of doing it! But, I have no materials, no boat, no other equipment, and no tanker full of money!!!!

But I know mine would be a success!

EvoQ

Greenie
Nov 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you people that Think you have a solid and new design to recover Gold up in Nome, then if I was you I would get on a plane and get up there at the start of the season. being that Nome is such a small town you are surely to meet someone that might take you on. If your idea is something entirely new then be sure to have plenty of documented drawings etc. if it ever came down to patenting your process. However; if your Idea is just an update on existing technology Good Luck if you have no Cash you are SOL unless again you get yourself up there and start shaking hands meeting people.
As I see I know I could with no experience design a much better system than we have seen on this Bering Sea TV show. But the problem is Logistics, getting supplies, materials, etc. way up in Nome is a nightmare and also shipping freight costs are astronomical. That is why you see such amateur systems in place. However; a shiny brand new part doesn't necessarily guarantee you will get gold. I also think that these underwater Dredgers are not covering enough territory when they are mining. Somehow designing a device that helps the divers manage the lager 10 inch hoses would be the ticket to success. You se the miners struggling to move that 10 inch hose. If I were apart of any Dredging team up in Nome I would do a Tag team effort with at least 2-3 divers underwater at each dive. One manipulating the Hose and the other Divers raking in the material to the suction canister. Possibly having a pressurized second hose blowing the sediment towards the suction hose.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my delima;

1. I am limited on funds going anywhere. Yes I have money for a plane ticket and food for about a week or two MAYBE and that is pretty much it, and that would not include boarding somewhere. I OWN NO credit cards.

2. Even if I DID bring my idea to the plate, (without it being patented, which I don't have the funds for that either), I would certainly would be taking the chance of making someone else rich, not really needing me at all and not be a part of recovery or get my fare share.

3. 1 or maybe 2 people here on T-NET that I personally know, I had mentioned this idea to and knows about it, but like me funds are limited, but they can't travel as they have other obligations, but me, I would leave in a heartbeat to go to Nome and help recover gold with my idea, providing someone is honest and wants to build my idea, let me work it as well, and I get a fair share.

4. Knowing, that I have "NO INVESTMENT FUNDS" to "HELP BUILD" the idea, (the tools and equipment itself, which would cost most likely a couple mil at most), would allow me to only get a percentage, (which is fair), BUT, being most likely it would be a very very very small percentange as in a little more than a "PAYCHECK", even if I was allowed to work and help recover gold. But with what it would cost to build and acuire such equipment, I am sure within 2 seasons it would definitely pay for itself, or maybe 1 season itself!!

5. Pretty much the chances of being canned by the investor/project manager would be too easy, (even for no reason, just to cut me out, just to make them "RICHER"), would leave me taking that chance.

6. Gold makes people do funny things, especially if someone else can get richer off of it!! When it comes to strangers, "TRUST IS EARNED, NOT GIVEN!!!"

7. So unless I win the lottery to build the project and equipment myself, and get a crew, my idea will only be a dream and thats it!! But I KNOW MY IDEA WILL RECOVER MORE GOLD THAN THE BARGE GUYS WITH THE EXCAVATOR AND 2-3 DREDGERS COMBINED AND MAYBE THEN SOME!!!!! Unless I can find one who is straight up and honest and FAIR, my idea will remain my secret, (with the exception of the 1 or 2 people who also know of it.)

8. I certainly wouldn't be going to Nome or anywhere to "LOOK" for someone to build it and allow me be a part of it, because the first thing someone is going to ask is what idea is it, then they can easily say they don't want to do it or not have the capitol to build it, (but mentally they would be thinking, "dang thanks for the idea no one else has thought of it!), then next season they are using my idea. Or legitimately if one doesn't have the funds to build it, then I have to seek someone else, then after that too many people will know the idea, and possibly patent it, or claim it was their idea all along, adn I would still be "CUT OUT".

9. My father had several patents, (5 to be total, between the ealry 1980's-2001), on reclamation of brines, (completion fluids for drilling), he was the ONLY one in the WORLD in the 1980's, to build and design a process to recover "USED DIRTY" brines, (the oil companies prior had to pay to dispose of hazardous waste, used brine because of contaminants in it), By my fathers process we recovered 90-95% of brine that could be reused for drilling, (which saved millions of hazardous waste fees for the oil companies), Being my father had the patents, found over the years in late 1980's to early 1990's several companies infringed on his patent process, which took years to get just a "little settlement" from them! But the "BIG culprit when my father "LEASED" his next to his last patent to a particular "OIL OUTFIT" in the mid 1990's, (WHICH HALLIBURTON NOW OWNS), even with a LEGAL 10 year LEASE contract in 1991 AND paying my father over 10 million, YES 10 MILLION DOLLARS that was agreed on and in the LEASE AGREEMENT! My father only saw less than $400,000 in a 2 1/2 year period and the oil company pretty much told my father to PI$$ off. So my father spent the last 6 years of his life from 1994-2000 fighting them and never recieved one penny more and he went to his grave fighting them until 2000 when he passed away. So you see where I am at today with having to "WORK" to barely make ends meet!! So just "GIVING" my idea to someone with "HOPES" of getting a fair share. I would have to be totally convinced they would be straight up, honest, and do the right thing! Just my $0.02!!

Last edited:

kodiak81

Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interested! I am mechanically inclined, can weld, and can operate heavy machinery. Give me a hunk of metal and I can make it into something that works for the job. I have a positive and motivated "Must do!" attitude and hope to be digging for gold in Alaska soon.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
If you want to double your money in mining, fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Here is my delima;

1. I am limited on funds going anywhere. Yes I have money for a plane ticket and food for about a week or two MAYBE and that is pretty much it, and that would not include boarding somewhere. I OWN NO credit cards.

2. Even if I DID bring my idea to the plate, (without it being patented, which I don't have the funds for that either), I would certainly would be taking the chance of making someone else rich, not really needing me at all and not be a part of recovery or get my fare share.

3. 1 or maybe 2 people here on T-NET that I personally know, I had mentioned this idea to and knows about it, but like me funds are limited, but they can't travel as they have other obligations, but me, I would leave in a heartbeat to go to Nome and help recover gold with my idea, providing someone is honest and wants to build my idea, let me work it as well, and I get a fair share.

4. Knowing, that I have "NO INVESTMENT FUNDS" to "HELP BUILD" the idea, (the tools and equipment itself, which would cost most likely a couple mil at most), would allow me to only get a percentage, (which is fair), BUT, being most likely it would be a very very very small percentange as in a little more than a "PAYCHECK", even if I was allowed to work and help recover gold. But with what it would cost to build and acuire such equipment, I am sure within 2 seasons it would definitely pay for itself, or maybe 1 season itself!!

5. Pretty much the chances of being canned by the investor/project manager would be too easy, (even for no reason, just to cut me out, just to make them "RICHER"), would leave me taking that chance.

6. Gold makes people do funny things, especially if someone else can get richer off of it!! When it comes to strangers, "TRUST IS EARNED, NOT GIVEN!!!"

7. So unless I win the lottery to build the project and equipment myself, and get a crew, my idea will only be a dream and thats it!! But I KNOW MY IDEA WILL RECOVER MORE GOLD THAN THE BARGE GUYS WITH THE EXCAVATOR AND 2-3 DREDGERS COMBINED AND MAYBE THEN SOME!!!!! Unless I can find one who is straight up and honest and FAIR, my idea will remain my secret, (with the exception of the 1 or 2 people who also know of it.)

8. I certainly wouldn't be going to Nome or anywhere to "LOOK" for someone to build it and allow me be a part of it, because the first thing someone is going to ask is what idea is it, then they can easily say they don't want to do it or not have the capitol to build it, (but mentally they would be thinking, "dang thanks for the idea no one else has thought of it!), then next season they are using my idea. Or legitimately if one doesn't have the funds to build it, then I have to seek someone else, then after that too many people will know the idea, and possibly patent it, or claim it was their idea all along, adn I would still be "CUT OUT".

9. My father had several patents, (5 to be total, between the ealry 1980's-2001), on reclamation of brines, (completion fluids for drilling), he was the ONLY one in the WORLD in the 1980's, to build and design a process to recover "USED DIRTY" brines, (the oil companies prior had to pay to dispose of hazardous waste, used brine because of contaminants in it), By my fathers process we recovered 90-95% of brine that could be reused for drilling, (which saved millions of hazardous waste fees for the oil companies), Being my father had the patents, found over the years in late 1980's to early 1990's several companies infringed on his patent process, which took years to get just a "little settlement" from them! But the "BIG culprit when my father "LEASED" his next to his last patent to a particular "OIL OUTFIT" in the mid 1990's, (WHICH HALLIBURTON NOW OWNS), even with a LEGAL 10 year LEASE contract in 1991 AND paying my father over 10 million, YES 10 MILLION DOLLARS that was agreed on and in the LEASE AGREEMENT! My father only saw less than $400,000 in a 2 1/2 year period and the oil company pretty much told my father to PI$$ off. So my father spent the last 6 years of his life from 1994-2000 fighting them and never recieved one penny more and he went to his grave fighting them until 2000 when he passed away. So you see where I am at today with having to "WORK" to barely make ends meet!! So just "GIVING" my idea to someone with "HOPES" of getting a fair share. I would have to be totally convinced they would be straight up, honest, and do the right thing! Just my $0.02!!

artic gold

Dec 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
115.JPG

I attached a pic of the rig we built last year and worked it off shore. there are a lot of us up there that think we have the best idea. There are also a lot of rigs that look very good on paper or in your imagination but have a fatal flaw and wind up in the scrap pile. I have seen several big ideas fail completely. The largest of all was the Bima that went to the scrap pile. I have been up there for 5 years and would be happy to help any one with information if I can. Nome is a lot tuffer than it looks. Make sure you understand what you're up against before you spend a lot of time or money going up there. If you apply for a Visa Credit Card from Alaska Airlines they will give you enough miles for one free round trip ticket on some dates. Very good way to get to see for yourself. I will be up there early summer and always open to help any reasonable person if possible. Just because you nuts does not mean your crazy up there.

swakoprat

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are based in South Africa and qualified divers and dredge builders. We also operate a diving school.
My partner and I wish to work with claim holders in Nome on a percentage split basis.
We are ready to fly to Nome for discussions at any time.
Both of us are hardworking no nonsense honest individuals who can get the job done.
Contact us on [email protected]

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 735855

I attached a pic of the rig we built last year and worked it off shore. there are a lot of us up there that think we have the best idea. There are also a lot of rigs that look very good on paper or in your imagination but have a fatal flaw and wind up in the scrap pile. I have seen several big ideas fail completely. The largest of all was the Bima that went to the scrap pile. I have been up there for 5 years and would be happy to help any one with information if I can. Nome is a lot tuffer than it looks. Make sure you understand what you're up against before you spend a lot of time or money going up there. If you apply for a Visa Credit Card from Alaska Airlines they will give you enough miles for one free round trip ticket on some dates. Very good way to get to see for yourself. I will be up there early summer and always open to help any reasonable person if possible. Just because you nuts does not mean your crazy up there.

How far out could you go with that setup?

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK, I'll throw my hat in the ring of fire.

1. Rough seas cause problems with watercraft, diver visibility and possibly recovery systems. This obviously reduces working time. How about a self elevating floating platform. Like the Palmrenkies barge but with at least 2 more legs. Think mini oil rig.

2. Dredging is hard work, divers get fatigued. Use heavy equipment, remotely operated. A small/mid sized excavator with a hydraulic sifting bucket. Swing the bucket over the collection area, sift and replace oversize in or near excavation. Collection area would be a steeped trough evacuated from its lowest point by suction. Material raised to surface for further classification/recovery/sluice/jigs etc. Picture a lower section, possibly center of platform, small footprint sitting on or just above water surface.
3. Poor visibility caused by rough seas and/or mining activity. Well, 2/3 ain't bad :laughing7:

Last edited:

paulinmeg

Mar 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Just wondering if you have a crew set up for Nome. I haven't read all the replies, but recognize you were trying to set something up for this season. My partner and I are wanting to head up there for this season, but realize it may be a bit late to set everything up. I am really comfortable in the water and my partner the type of person that can build or fix ANYTHING. He is a mechanic/ electrician. We have been looking for investors in our area with a few people interested. Would love to chat further if you still were looking for co-workers.
Thanks
Meg

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
how come over 90 percent of the people that go gold mining go broke ? that is just normal placer mining.... i am sure the numbers are much higher in nome. why will you be one of a small percentage of people to make money....

bill/cr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BCR us ol'dogs have 'bout seen it all by this time and that confarbulation above is a beaut ain't it hahaha. Them currents ,waves and wind'd have a ball with it up in the Bering sea. All ya need is a great dredge, 4 divers like on season 2 who will WORK and not drink,***** or whore around all day and get it on. But even summers run ya down to less than 20 good working days and some next to none. Ya need one a them cocaine subs from columbia and a ton a marching powder and then ya'd get some gold!!!hahahahaha-John ---MAN ALIVE THE CENSORS SURE GETTN' STUPID HERE-DELETE -DELETE-DELETE-BAN THIS BAN THAT-SIC SIC SIC:occasion14:

Last edited:

Frontier 49

Feb 14, 2013
Do people really think it is that easy around 300 men showed up in May only to spend their money and go home broke less than two percent make it..The paperwork alone is enough to drive you mad.Please do your research before just going..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions