Old hand lookng for a team to put together a barge and excavator to attack Nome.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you put an ad out in the local paper in Nome yet? Maybe a couple Craigslist ads with the correct keywords to get seen.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck I would love to be on it! I can operate heavy equipment, mechanically inclined, weld, if it has an engine and hydraulics I can repair/rebuild it!!!

OP
OP
KAFEMAN

KAFEMAN

Nov 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck I would love to be on it! I can operate heavy equipment, mechanically inclined, weld, if it has an engine and hydraulics I can repair/rebuild it!!!

Lets stay in touch. I have a team coming together for the 2014 season.

OP
OP
KAFEMAN

KAFEMAN

Nov 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you put an ad out in the local paper in Nome yet? Maybe a couple Craigslist ads with the correct keywords to get seen.

Hey Neo,
Haven't placed ads yet. Have some good interest so far for 2014 season but wouldn't mind getting up there sooner.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you acquired a claim? That's first. After the research, that is.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dont know much about the auctions they have up there for new claims but that might be something to look into as well to get ahold of some virgin undersea land. :)

OP
OP
KAFEMAN

KAFEMAN

Nov 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know much about the auctions they have up there for new claims but that might be something to look into as well to get ahold of some virgin undersea land. :)

Yeah, I don't know when there will be another auction. I was going to try to lease a claim from someone who bought a claim at the auction. I understand the claims are not all being worked.

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that would be an excellent way to get up and going without owning a claim and with little or no money down, just work out a percentage contract, and remember that if payments are due during the off season to make them on time to avoid "claim jumpers" like someone from Dakota that we all know!!!!!

OP
OP
KAFEMAN

KAFEMAN

Nov 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that would be an excellent way to get up and going without owning a claim and with little or no money down, just work out a percentage contract, and remember that if payments are due during the off season to make them on time to avoid "claim jumpers" like someone from Dakota that we all know!!!!!

good suggestions. I will keep them in mind.
Thanks

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Theharlyman2, I love your signature! :icon_thumright: That guy from Dakota is a whack job if you ask me. He for sure likes to play dirty. Kafeman, just make sure you do your homework and stay involved so you don't end up like the wild ranger dredge!

OP
OP
KAFEMAN

KAFEMAN

Nov 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theharlyman2, I love your signature! :icon_thumright: That guy from Dakota is a whack job if you ask me. He for sure likes to play dirty. Kafeman, just make sure you do your homework and stay involved so you don't end up like the wild ranger dredge!

nope, I am 100% hands on and on site.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd start calling now to find some claim owners.

artic gold

Dec 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie here but have been in Nome for 5 years and have seen a lot and know most of the serious off shore miners there. If you are planing to go up and I can help with any info. let me know and I will try to give you the straight poop and how it works up there. We built an off shore crawler/excavator last year and can send pic's if interested. If you are in Nome drop me a line and see u next May or June.

Last edited:

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is clear from last years shows that the excavator, wash plant is the way to go! But you sure need a motor on the boat to keep from having to "paddle" to the site. Having said that the "paddling" allowed them to continue to work and not just sit around in a bar,,,whinning!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sitting around the bar up there got Shawn stabbed!

OP
OP
KAFEMAN

KAFEMAN

Nov 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie here but have been in Nome for 5 years and have seen a lot and know most of the serious off shore miners there. If you are planing to go up and I can help with any info. let me know and I will try to give you the straight poop and how it works up there. We built an off shore crawler/excavator last year and can send pic's if interested. If you are in Nome drop me a line and see u next May or June.

I would love to see the pics of your Crawler.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like an adventure. Nome is quite the place--met some great people there. The ocean gold is bright and pretty. Good luck.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions