Falcon MD20

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, have been looking at getting myself a new toy. I've seen all the reviews and stuff on you tube, but wanted to ask y'all, those that have one, or have used one, what do you think? I've got a lot of hard rock tailings in my area, all micro gold. Also thinking about taking it in some abandoned mines.
Thanks
Drywallman

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't wait to see your video Terry. I plan to use mine, when I get one, to do just that... Checking cracks, and under/ behind rocks, I understand the probe is waterproof? Also checking quarts tailings piles. Thanks again y'all
I have not yet done the video! Ouch! I had to RUN back to CA with possible intestinal problems/surgery. Left the MD-20 at the RV in AZ. Soon. TTC

OP
OP
Sample Pan Dan

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries Terry, just get yourself feeling better! Where in Ca do you travel for medical services?

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry get well. Hoping to bump into ya out here in AZ soon.

Good luck with the Falcon. I'd like to know how it does. I know someday I'll be upgrading to a more noteworthy nugget hunter.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Lanny,

My first Falcon was the MD-10 and I too had a slight problem with the cable being noisy. So my next Falcon was the MD-20 and this time I got the one that has the probe coming out of the control box-no more noise! I love that little machine as it does have it's place in my arsenal. Randy-Republic of Kalifornia (southern part thank God!)

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought the MD 20 new as well, and it still had a problem, but the folks at Falcon are very, very helpful and they're dedicated to get things right.

All the best,

Lanny

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No worries Terry, just get yourself feeling better! Where in Ca do you travel for medical services?
Because I'm 100% service connected disabled, I go to the Palo Alto VA. Free. TTC

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because I'm 100% service connected disabled, I go to the Palo Alto VA. Free. TTC

There's a saying here in south county: If you're ill, get off the hill.

Get well soon!

Are the major differences between the Falcon MD 10, MD 20 and Falcon Tracker??

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a saying here in south county: If you're ill, get off the hill.

Get well soon!

Are the major differences between the Falcon MD 10, MD 20 and Falcon Tracker??
If your question on the Falcons was aimed at me, I simply don't know. I only own the MD20. No experience on the others. I LIKE the things the MD20 can do. TTC

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Time for an update from all of you. Terry did you ever make the video?, Drywall have you scored with the MD20?, Lanny did you get your problem resolved?, Been thinking of adding this to my collection. I also saw a video that said its very important not to allow the cable to coil. The cable needs to be straight line to cut down on the noise.

OP
OP
Sample Pan Dan

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't found anything other than a couple lead slugs with it, so far. Honestly though I haven't really taken it with me much hear lately... Not even sure why, lol.

hunterbill

Sep 26, 2012
AK,S.OR,N.Cal
Detector(s) used
MD-20,GMT,Gold Bug pro, Sluice, Dredge, Eyes, ATX, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I own 2 of them. The first one broke the cable where it enters the probe. I didn't think I was that hard on it. So be careful not to let that wire bend sharply. This seems to be the weak point. They are very sensitive but also quite un-stable. I get noises, squeeks, and chatter just by moving the thing around in the air. Maybe this one has a bad wire too. I was told a new probe costs 100 bucks. I wish they still made the one with no cable but they don't. They really do sound off on tiny tiny specks. Too bad there is no one else making a MD like this. Falcon needs some competition here. I love it and I hate it

frankly

Greenie
Nov 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Home built.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a schematic for this machine anywhere? It should be possible to make one that is smaller lighter, lighter and can reject unwanted metal types.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread