Tom and Perry Clean-Up Kit????

tridge800

Sep 4, 2012
Jamestown nc
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i need a new gold pan and really like the green one that came with my GPAA kit.I also need a Clean-up pan,Black Sand magnet and small clean-up sluice, and all of these items come with the "TOM And Perrys Clean-Up Kit" and its pretty enexpensive for what it appears you get with it. Just wanted to know if anyone has purchased this kit or used the clean-up sluice and know how it works??

Upvote 0

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one and I use it every fall doing final clean up of my cons along with my blue bowl. The sluice is nothing more than a pvc gutter cut to 2 ft. with rib matting and a piece of plastic diamond gutter screen cut to fit so it will act as expanded metal ripples. I didn't feel the sluice was worth the price but with the other materials you get kind of makes the price worth it. I don't know if you could put together the same kit for that price, they get discounts we don't on items. The sluice works well enough for -20 and smaller. I just run -20 through it and anything smaller goes through my blue bowl.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you might like the blue bowl better.
Easier to set. It gets all the gold that's left in your blacksands.
A lot of my friends like it better, and I like it better.
You're right, the Green gold pans are really good.
I have about a dozen green pans, two of them are Garrett Pans, the rest are GPAA pans.
There doesn't seem to be much difference between them.
The Garrett has three riffles, where the GPAA has 4 riffles.
Any new pan needs to be broken in with some steel wool, or some gravel and sand with water and a little detergent to give the surface some tension.
scrub it for a few minutes.

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the gpaa pan has a bigger bottom too thats why I like it better than the garrett

OP
OP
tridge800

tridge800

Sep 4, 2012
Jamestown nc
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input guys..im planning on getting a gold cube after tax time,just thought id be better off spending the few xtra dollars and buying the kit since I need a new pan,finishing pan and the magnet and I would get the clean up sluice as a little bonus w the kit..just didn't know if it was with it or not!! Does the clean up sluice just hook up to a garden hose then u set ur angle or do I have to buy an electric pump to run it..?? And can the water pressure be adjusted on it??

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my Garret pans and its sounds like the GPAA pans improves on it. Just ordered a couple to give the GPAA pans a try.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both pans but prefer the garret. I like the little drop on the bottom. It helps hold the gold to the bottom of the pan. The mini sluice can be hooked to a garden hose and it comes with an adjustment valve. I have also used it with an electric pump in a recirculating set up.

B H Prospector

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread