Bering Sea New Season!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bering Sea Gold New Season!

Did anyone watch the preview of the new season last night?

I cant believe the Christine Rose still has to be paddled out to sea by the excavator. :tongue3:
They said they removed the riffles from their sluice to catch more fine gold? Only way that will work without riffles is by classifying and slowing down the flow. They would have to of changed more than just the sluice. :icon_scratch:

Looks like Hot Head Scott landed some new investors and a new boat.

Can you believe that Vernon and Steve teamed up? That has to be a disaster looking for a place to happen :laughing7:
And what about the hyper diver who showed up to work with Vernon and Steve and went berserk over the weight belt? :laughing9:

I hope Emily and Zeke find a lot of gold this season without a serious accident. (doubtful)

Anyway judging by the preview it ought to be a fun watch with plenty of insane drama. The colorful cast makes the Hoffman crew look like normal miners.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd guess about 25% of the dialog last night had to be bleeped. What is the point of that nonsense? Vern is a complete idiot. Frankly, if I were his daughter I'd tell him to take a flying leap and I'd go home. It's not her fault the guy made an idiotic investment and is about to lose his whole life's savings. Who in their right mind invests in five dredges the year after failing to get even one dredge working in a profitable manner? Why wouldn't he just stick with the one dredge until he could prove to himself that dredging can be profitable? Instead, he basically sets himself up to lose five times the money if his endeavor fails. Not very smart.

Frankly, I'll be glad when the season is over. Watching this train wreck is very painful and not very entertaining.

Now you know why Duck Dynasty has 8.6 million viewers. No beeps/swearing, solid family, good fun.

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
I'm trying to think if any of these characters were at all likable?

Nope! Can't think of even one!

Script writers normally always try to develop one or two characters that viewers like or identify with, and that leads to a popular show.

I think that they should have sent in a psych crisis intervention team, with a truckload of Prozac, Nembutal and Stellazine!

Watching Emily and Zeke reminds me why I have been a single, non attached guy for so many years!
And watching Scott Monsterheim reminds me why I quit drinking in bars years ago! How could a loser like that have any friends? He should be in jail and locked down in a padded cell on suicide watch! 51-50!

And old man Vern? I pity his daughter having a father like that!

All in all, a bunch of deeply flawed characters. Sad.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ordell said:
Now you know why Duck Dynasty has 8.6 million viewers. No beeps/swearing, solid family, good fun.

Yes not only that but what Vern is doing is illegal ...your not allowed to run multiple dredge operation in the rec areas where he's dredging but also you an rent the other dredges out only ... you can't collect royalties or any percent of what's collected from those other dredges you have rented .... Only a rental fee...

The rec area is for recreational dredging 6" and smaller I think what he done is buy all these up with the intentions of hiring crews and running them as a fleet and payong them a percentage of the take ....but I bet they pop him befor the end of the year or early next year I'd bet these r not all registered u der his name just to avoid breaking the dredging laws.....

Iv started getting getting my duck in a row to go but I'm sure having second thoughts ... My intention were to but together e a crew and go in 2014 but I just think its too far
Ill lose my entire summer and don't know if its worth it ...
Maybie ill just do a couple weeks a year to play and have some fun .... Seems I might be able to rent a dredge from Vern ;)
If he's still around!

Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
bedrock bubba said:
I'm trying to think if any of these characters were at all likable?

Nope! Can't think of even one!

Script writers normally always try to develop one or two characters that viewers like or identify with, and that leads to a popular show.

I think that they should have sent in a psych crisis intervention team, with a truckload of Prozac, Nembutal and Stellazine!

Watching Emily and Zeke reminds me why I have been a single, non attached guy for so many years!
And watching Scott Monsterheim reminds me why I quit drinking in bars years ago! How could a loser like that have any friends? He should be in jail and locked down in a padded cell on suicide watch! 51-50!

And old man Vern? I pity his daughter having a father like that!

All in all, a bunch of deeply flawed characters. Sad.

Have to disagree the diver Vern has is a no drama fella .... He seems to be pretty straight up! Not Steve the other diver .... Well Steve's not a diver so I guess it would be the only diver on Vern's boat.

Frontier 49

Feb 14, 2013
Vern is a good man, if you have never been there dont judge what you dont know..Nome is a tough place and remember its T.V.

artic gold

Dec 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frontier 49 is correct. Vern is a hell of a good guy. Any of you would love to spend the day with the guy. He is a ship pilot in real life. He docks the largest ships in the world and has done it for years. The producers of the show should have their ass kicked for the way they portray these guys and gals. I have watched them film some very interesting stuff that you never see. I have on idea why they didn't keep John M. on as a regular. He is the guy they used for an opener with the big white beard and the bent finger. He would add so much to that show if they just followed him around and had him explain what is going on up there and visit some of the other operations. This filming crew doesn't have any idea what they are doing except drama, drama and more drama. Very sad to see them destroy what could be a very interesting show. Frontier do you have a link to that jack up rig in your pic. Very nice, I want one

Frontier 49

Feb 14, 2013
When they said the stint about Vern being a captain I was upset..He has a unlimted masters license that takes many years to achieve that..I have seen Vernon help out many young miners out..We all have our faults but I am proud to call that man my friend..We are in the process of purchasing a smaller lift boat than the one in my pic..

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
artic gold said:
Frontier 49 is correct. Vern is a hell of a good guy. Any of you would love to spend the day with the guy. He is a ship pilot in real life. He docks the largest ships in the world and has done it for years. The producers of the show should have their ass kicked for the way they portray these guys and gals. I have watched them film some very interesting stuff that you never see. I have on idea why they didn't keep John M. on as a regular. He is the guy they used for an opener with the big white beard and the bent finger. He would add so much to that show if they just followed him around and had him explain what is going on up there and visit some of the other operations. This filming crew doesn't have any idea what they are doing except drama, drama and more drama. Very sad to see them destroy what could be a very interesting show. Frontier do you have a link to that jack up rig in your pic. Very nice, I want one

I have no problems with Vern ! He's a pretty cool guy and I can relate to his frustrations .....
Both with his employees and child ..... Seems both of them do a lot of things in life they don't consider how it effects the operation of a business or even how it effects others...

It was truly sad how mysterslime s buddy's left vern hanging after he offered them a opertunity .. Also can't believe how easy they gave up over a hose plug !!!!!!
But then look who they have been hanging with !

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was just watching the last episode on my DVR last night with my 9 year old daughter, I was having to constantly fast forward through the bleeps and the screaming. That show is nothing but a trainwreak, and everytime I watch it, I feel like a rubbernecker passing by in traffic. I used to kind of root for the little guys on the show, now I realize there's not one character that I look foreward to seeing on the show at all.

Frontier 49

Feb 14, 2013
Thats because the Destructive Channel doesnt give a crap they think all people want to see is just the same ole drama. I challenge any of the armchair prospectors to go try that for two weeks and you will run home and cry yourself to sleep...I seen to many people last season do that..Go check it out just have a ticket to get back, remember only two percent of the people only make it..

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Frontier,

Nice to hear comments from someone close to the action in Nome, adds a little perspective. :icon_thumleft:
What type of mining are you personally involved in?

GG~

rlborde

Aug 29, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: young Mr Bunce -- The clips in the opening scenes of the show mention that he was apparently playing Russian Roulette when he lost the game. Sad.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
G1,,, Yeah those boys did give up the ghost a little early. But in their defense, they were already been burned out by the Drunken Bully and Dirt Hill. The younger boy may have made a hand if given the right opportunity. I found out a long time ago, you have to watch the company you keep, or they will bring you down to their level.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frontier 49

Feb 14, 2013
Pickers and fine gold but gold is gold I will take it in any form

ForumRunner_20130303_124432.png

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GrayCloud said:
G1,,, Yeah those boys did give up the ghost a little early. But in their defense, they were already been burned out by the Drunken Bully and Dirt Hill. The younger boy may have made a hand if given the right opportunity. I found out a long time ago, you have to watch the company you keep, or they will bring you down to their level.

Maybe so but ya can't quit just because ya had some bad experiences ya have to be smart enough when some jack leg like Scott's shows up to say HELL NO I'm not going anywhere with you!!!!!
But in any situation you have to make the best of it and alway give a little more than ya have .... If ya expect to get ahead anyways..
Any of those fellas up there who have made it work would tell ya it was no walk in the park! But the difference between the men and the boys is when the men hit a wall and it knocked them down they just didn't lay there they got up and ran at it harder until they found a way to make it work .....

All of life is like that!

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many of ya would go up there to dredge divin the chance?

Not a chance in hell. S1 saw Shawn Pomrenke get knifed in the back and no police were ever involved. Then this season, just that scene on the beach and those frustrated dredgers talking about life in Nome... no way.

Frontier 49

Feb 14, 2013
Just finding a place to stay,laundry,and taking a shower and getting fresh water is a pain..You could easily blow $10,000 at builder's supply just for the stuff you forgot to bring and you will get a shirt that says " mine the miners 2012"..thats what they said last year..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions