Bering Sea New Season!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bering Sea Gold New Season!

Did anyone watch the preview of the new season last night?

I cant believe the Christine Rose still has to be paddled out to sea by the excavator. :tongue3:
They said they removed the riffles from their sluice to catch more fine gold? Only way that will work without riffles is by classifying and slowing down the flow. They would have to of changed more than just the sluice. :icon_scratch:

Looks like Hot Head Scott landed some new investors and a new boat.

Can you believe that Vernon and Steve teamed up? That has to be a disaster looking for a place to happen :laughing7:
And what about the hyper diver who showed up to work with Vernon and Steve and went berserk over the weight belt? :laughing9:

I hope Emily and Zeke find a lot of gold this season without a serious accident. (doubtful)

Anyway judging by the preview it ought to be a fun watch with plenty of insane drama. The colorful cast makes the Hoffman crew look like normal miners.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goodyguy said:
Zeke was saying that his friend answered the door with a gun in his hand and then spun the cylinder then put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger.
Wonder who was at the door? and if the gun had more than one bullet in it?

Don't know about the bullets
But John was a pretty well educated fella and seemed pretty nice ... Iv been reading a little about him ....
I don't quite understand the situation. Around his death but can say anytime a kid his age dies its truly a sad thing ...
I kinda get the idea that he was screwing around and didn't mean to kill himself but its hard to tell there's not enough info ...
So. All we can do is pray for his family and friends ...

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Nome presents more challenges than most of the lower 48, with lack of housing being one of them. I am not a dredger by any means but was just wondering. Are there any professional style rigs up there, that can handle the waves a little better than those we are seeing? Are there any rigs that are self contained, providing housing and galley facilities? Are there any twin 8" and larger dredges operating, that we are not seeing? Last Question, Why wouldn't a modern style small scale bucket line dredge work in the surf and on the beach sands?

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good questions GC :icon_thumleft:
Also, wouldn't a dragline excavator be able to get the deeper gold that the boom excavator couldn't reach?
Plus I know they make telescoping booms for a longer reach, of course it wouldn't have the depth of a dragline.

GG~

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GrayCloud said:
Nome presents more challenges than most of the lower 48, with lack of housing being one of them. I am not a dredger by any means but was just wondering. Are there any professional style rigs up there, that can handle the waves a little better than those we are seeing? Are there any rigs that are self contained, providing housing and galley facilities? Are there any twin 8" and larger dredges operating, that we are not seeing? Last Question, Why wouldn't a modern style small scale bucket line dredge work in the surf and on the beach sands?

I think there's alot better set ups tha what we r seeing ! But they don't make the drama needed to make the show!
Iv seen pictures of some small ships dredges built in and I'm sure they can hack alot more seas than what the pontoons can!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think there's alot better set ups tha what we r seeing ! But they don't make the drama needed to make the show!
Iv seen pictures of some small ships dredges built in and I'm sure they can hack alot more seas than what the pontoons can!
I would tend to agree, however I would think that when the seas start getting rough and the sluice box is rocking that the recovery efficiency would go down considerably.

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
G1sammons said:
Yes often as I can
Where ya from?

I'm out of Sacramento. Not from but where I live. How about you??? Where do you go dredging?? Need any extra hands, I bust my ass.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
mjarvis said:
I'm out of Sacramento. Not from but where I live. How about you??? Where do you go dredging?? Need any extra hands, I bust my ass.

Lol sure would love some extra help but its a hell of a drive !
I live in tn near Nashville but I usally dredge in Alabama sometimes in north ga .....
I feel for you Cali boys having to put up with all the crap out that way!!!!!

Tough it's not alot different here in tn we r baned expect for the tellico ranger district but there's nothing worth dredging over there anyways .
Funny thing is one of our ranking gpaa chapter presidents did this to us over here , running a illegal dredge size on private property without permission !!!!! They seem to think just because we have the right to navigate waters means they have the right to the minerals also... I tried to explain but deffention ears...anyhow he was trashing the place without a care in the world as a state geologist was watching because of complaints about him and what he was doing ! On top of that it was in a popular swimming hole ....
So they banned us while they are now working on a state wide permit and the same fellas are responsible for the mess to begin with are now taking credit for getting the state to the table to make state wide permits ....
But with all that I didn't dredge here much anyway there just such a limited amount of areas and not much gold there anyways .....

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dieselram94 said:
I would tend to agree, however I would think that when the seas start getting rough and the sluice box is rocking that the recovery efficiency would go down considerably.

I'd bet your right but some of those rigs are 100 ft ships and barges think they might survive the waves well but the currents on the bottom probaly blow them every where plus the loss of visibility !

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'd bet your right but some of those rigs are 100 ft ships and barges think they might survive the waves well but the currents on the bottom probaly blow them every where plus the loss of visibility !

Yup , the loss of visibility could be a huge problem. How about a robotic arm of some sorts ?

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
These rigs are operating in shallow waters. Hydrolic jackup legs are not that complicated or expensive for the size of most of these rigs. Most anyone with a basic fabrication and mechanical skills could build a set, that would allow them to operate in waves up to three to five feet. While on that point, most any of us could build a more sea worthy rig, than what we are seeing on TV.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GrayCloud said:
These rigs are operating in shallow waters. Hydrolic jackup legs are not that complicated or expensive for the size of most of these rigs. Most anyone with a basic fabrication and mechanical skills could build a set, that would allow them to operate in waves up to three to five feet. While on that point, most any of us could build a more sea worthy rig, than what we are seeing on TV.

For sure but even with the lift system to stabilize it The viability would still be a issue and the undertow would blow the covers all over the place and make it difficult to hold on to a nozzel let alone work the bottom

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dieselram94 said:
Yup , the loss of visibility could be a huge problem. How about a robotic arm of some sorts ?

Think they hav
E tried that with a cutter. Head. But have issues with the cobbles so I'm sure there's a better way but all these attempts are costly.....

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just looking on eBay and Scott mysterslime 's dredge the anchor management is lister for sale!

How funny!

$100,000.00 opening bid that no one has bid. Or a buy it now price of $200,000.00
Probably worth between $20-50K Definitely have to find a way to keep the pump engines dry before even using it.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goodyguy said:
$100,000.00 opening bid that no one has bid. Or a buy it now price of $200,000.00
Probably worth between $20-50K Definitely have to find a way to keep the pump engines dry before even using it.

I could never figure out his set up was it 2 individual boxes on 2 different hoses or what?

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
jeff of pa said:
from what I took from it , Vern's daughter & Daryl sent Steve down to work the same hole
Daryl just got done spending about 8 hours on. as they are up there,
talking about him behind his back and laughing about him working the same hole,
I never heard one word, from them to Steve, that he should spread out.
only to each other as Vern was saying he was only giving Steve one more chance.
then later Daryl seemed to get snippy about the fact Vern was going to give him another chance.

also at one point Steve opened a bottle of pickers and dumped them in his hand to check them out.
Not in secret, he did it openly in an Honest way IMO,
but Daryl had a fit about it :laughing7: Did Daryl Own them ? :icon_scratch:

Hey Jeff I just watch this weeks show I didn't see that .. I saw that Vern is tightened up because of financial reasons and put his foot down but didn't see either of the other two persuading Vern to put the boot to Steve
Seems to me Steve is his own problem . He also need some glasses underwater he might be able to see what he's doing.....

As for seek and Emily they're should get married they act just like they r anyways!!!!!!!!!

Funniest part is how Vern's daughter is saying Steve needs too produce or pull his weight ! And what does she do??? Nothing that's right nothing!!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread