Bering Sea New Season!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bering Sea Gold New Season!

Did anyone watch the preview of the new season last night?

I cant believe the Christine Rose still has to be paddled out to sea by the excavator. :tongue3:
They said they removed the riffles from their sluice to catch more fine gold? Only way that will work without riffles is by classifying and slowing down the flow. They would have to of changed more than just the sluice. :icon_scratch:

Looks like Hot Head Scott landed some new investors and a new boat.

Can you believe that Vernon and Steve teamed up? That has to be a disaster looking for a place to happen :laughing7:
And what about the hyper diver who showed up to work with Vernon and Steve and went berserk over the weight belt? :laughing9:

I hope Emily and Zeke find a lot of gold this season without a serious accident. (doubtful)

Anyway judging by the preview it ought to be a fun watch with plenty of insane drama. The colorful cast makes the Hoffman crew look like normal miners.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ace2010

Sep 22, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is it me or is the show getting more boring each episode :dontknow:
Go out storm chases them back in, cant go out weather is too bad, go out have problems yell at crew go back in, repeat.
I think it has a lot to do with them not getting to film much dredging footage this season. One of the guys I talked to said the weather was bad and they had very few days they could get out of the harbor.Rough sea's! No gold!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I like the show, but Scott is a real felon. I googled his name and quickly got part of his criminal history. In my experience, criminals are more of a hot head than most people......I think he really is a A**Ho*LE! I wish they would just drop that guy. I think he drags the show down.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
It was worth watching to see the old man barfing over the side. What those guys are doing is extremely dangerous work.

artic gold

Dec 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If any of you want to know anything about Nome or the show just as AUdive. He posts here and is a diver on the Wild Ranger. He is a very seasoned diver and has owned several dredges of his own. I have been in Nome for 5 years and he has been there a lot longer. Most of the operators do not want to be on the show or let the world know how their equipment works or what the get. There is a lot of very good equipment that you never see and they do very well.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If any of you want to know anything about Nome or the show just as AUdive. He posts here and is a diver on the Wild Ranger. He is a very seasoned diver and has owned several dredges of his own. I have been in Nome for 5 years and he has been there a lot longer. Most of the operators do not want to be on the show or let the world know how their equipment works or what the get. There is a lot of very good equipment that you never see and they do very well.

No way I would judge the other operators by what is shown on TV. I have seen photos of some of the other rigs and there is a world of difference between those and what I've seen on the show. I know there is plenty of gold there so I'm sure they are doing quite well.

Hope your season is a safe and profitable one :occasion14:

GG~

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone likes a good comedy and I think this one would rival the Andy Griffith Show. Scriped or not it is a joke on miners and makes us look like bafoons. I watch to see the gold that is it. Same reason I watch any of these shows it for the gold because there is no knowledge to be learned from these fools except do some actual research before you "dive" in.

B H Prospector

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone likes a good comedy and I think this one would rival the Andy Griffith Show. Scriped or not it is a joke on miners and makes us look like bafoons. I watch to see the gold that is it. Same reason I watch any of these shows it for the gold because there is no knowledge to be learned from these fools except do some actual research before you "dive" in.

B H Prospector

And last nights episode was no exception :icon_thumright:

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
My favorite line from Vern last night: " FU Federal government"
I can relate to the no spill spouts on the gas cans. When they came out several years I was spilling way more gas then I did without them

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite line from Vern last night: " FU Federal government"
I can relate to the no spill spouts on the gas cans. When they came out several years I was spilling way more gas then I did without them

Absolutely ! it was nice to hear someone tear the Feds a new one on TV :laughing7:

Last edited:

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely ! it was nice to hear someone tear the Feds a new one on TV :laughing7:

i agree i whas all smiles when he tore in to the feds about time and need to see more of that. and Zek and his problems with the feds i am seeing him also starting to throw punches at the feds. im loveing it :hello2:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This show makes NOT visiting Nome #1 on my list.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
and now the IRS will probly give him a visit!

Yup, now he is a target! Much like Rush Limbaugh as he is audited every year........
I second what Vern said! F.U. Federal Government!!!!!!!!!!!!!

artic gold

Dec 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke to Vern today and he said he is getting a lot of feed back on his rants on the show. It will be interesting to see if the network wants more of this. Vern is the perfect guy to give it to them. He is a very experienced ship pilot and has been kicked around by this bull **** gov. for years. Sure he has a lot to say and he will. You never know what they edit in the show. They shoot over a 100 hrs. of film for less than 1 hr. of show.

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke to Vern today and he said he is getting a lot of feed back on his rants on the show. It will be interesting to see if the network wants more of this. Vern is the perfect guy to give it to them. He is a very experienced ship pilot and has been kicked around by this bull **** gov. for years. Sure he has a lot to say and he will. You never know what they edit in the show. They shoot over a 100 hrs. of film for less than 1 hr. of show.

Tell him that line "I can piss faster than this" when he was pouring gas was an absolute gem. I LOL'ed.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aha ! Yea :laughing7:

I personally wonder if Vern sent his daughter out to guard the site.
But Enjoyed last nights show.

Between her & her note & & Scott Crying :laughing7: :headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poor pitiful Scott sitting in the bar feeling sorry for himself instead of going out and getting some more gold.
The more I see of Scott the better I like Vernon.

Like Father Like Daughter :laughing7:

Who's in charge of safety on Zeke's boat? Evidently no one

GG~

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poor pitiful Scott sitting in the bar feeling sorry for himself instead of going out and getting some more gold.
The more I see of Scott the better I like Vernon.

Like Father Like Daughter :laughing7:

Who's in charge of safety on Zeke's boat? Evidently no one

GG~

yes how many times has zeke had problems with that pump :icon_scratch:

Scott :dontknow: My guess if he could play well with others his Intake would improve.

What was that fall about ? real odd he's walking along
and just trips sideways :o
of course he was a bit lubed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread