Bering Sea New Season!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bering Sea Gold New Season!

Did anyone watch the preview of the new season last night?

I cant believe the Christine Rose still has to be paddled out to sea by the excavator. :tongue3:
They said they removed the riffles from their sluice to catch more fine gold? Only way that will work without riffles is by classifying and slowing down the flow. They would have to of changed more than just the sluice. :icon_scratch:

Looks like Hot Head Scott landed some new investors and a new boat.

Can you believe that Vernon and Steve teamed up? That has to be a disaster looking for a place to happen :laughing7:
And what about the hyper diver who showed up to work with Vernon and Steve and went berserk over the weight belt? :laughing9:

I hope Emily and Zeke find a lot of gold this season without a serious accident. (doubtful)

Anyway judging by the preview it ought to be a fun watch with plenty of insane drama. The colorful cast makes the Hoffman crew look like normal miners.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
*egads* The drama is endless. I suppose it would be boring to watch people actually diving, working and finding gold.

Much better to watch Emily do her drowning wet rat impersonation and Scott crying when he should be diving...

I find myself getting more and more chores around the house done while the show is on in the background.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So where are the guys that did so well last winter?Seems they would do even better in the summer!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
So where are the guys that did so well last winter?Seems they would do even better in the summer!

Lazy Gator? Those young guys were go getters, not the best gear, but real workers. They could adapt and overcome no matter what the circumstances. Too bad they got axed for all the drama queens. That Vern guy, what a business plan, I lost money with one dredge, so let's buy four more and lose five times the money. Heck he had a honey hole, and instead of pulling one of his other dredges off when he had a equipment problem, they just pull up anchor and leave???????????? Not the brightest bunch IMHO....

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
It was nice to see coverage of one of his other dredges though. I can not believe he's got them all tied to the dock. I refuse to believe it.
I would have fired the bearded man when he took 40 minutes stretching and spent five underwater before his beard broke his mask seal in episode one. I'm wondering if all we see of vern is his "drama dredge" and the others are just going to report their total haul at the end of the series.

Leonard F.

Feb 11, 2013
Arvada, CO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am new to this forum, and new to treasure hunting in general. I started doing some gold prospecting after moving to Colorado last year. Anyway, I have looked thru this thread and also the thread on Gold Rush, and thought I might post. I have worked on reality shows for a number of years, as an editor but also sometimes as a field producer. I spent three months in Oregon with the Gustafson Logging crew for the first season of Ax Men. I have been up to Alaska on the fishing boats. I also worked on the first season of Bering Sea Gold as an editor. I was asked to go up for two months for the first season and work as a producer, but I said "no". I regret that decision. My wife doesn't regret that decision. Anyway, I know a lot of people posting think these shows are completely scripted, and that really isn't the case. Believe me, I know. I put the footage together once everything has been shot. There is definitely a lot of creative producing in the field, and a lot of creative editing during post production. But for those who think these people are actors, and are reciting from scripts, you are wrong. For those of you wondering how the Hoffman's can afford all of that equipment to run their mine, it's pretty easy to figure out: Discovery channel pays for it, or they probably wouldn't have a show to film. I am not suggesting that everything is 100% real and as it happened in these shows, but there is a good deal of truth in what you see. There are a couple if reality shows that are more scripted than real, and I could name them, but I won't.

I am working for a company that is producing a show called "Prospectors" that will run on The Weather Channel. Not sure when it starts (this spring), but it concerns gem prospecting in the Rockies. I didn't work on this show, but I am hoping to for the second season.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Leonord, Very odd that Weather would have anything to do with Gems,
and Gems won't interest me. But Good Luck :icon_thumright:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am new to this forum, and new to treasure hunting in general. I started doing some gold prospecting after moving to Colorado last year. Anyway, I have looked thru this thread and also the thread on Gold Rush, and thought I might post. I have worked on reality shows for a number of years, as an editor but also sometimes as a field producer. I spent three months in Oregon with the Gustafson Logging crew for the first season of Ax Men. I have been up to Alaska on the fishing boats. I also worked on the first season of Bering Sea Gold as an editor. I was asked to go up for two months for the first season and work as a producer, but I said "no". I regret that decision. My wife doesn't regret that decision. Anyway, I know a lot of people posting think these shows are completely scripted, and that really isn't the case. Believe me, I know. I put the footage together once everything has been shot. There is definitely a lot of creative producing in the field, and a lot of creative editing during post production. But for those who think these people are actors, and are reciting from scripts, you are wrong. For those of you wondering how the Hoffman's can afford all of that equipment to run their mine, it's pretty easy to figure out: Discovery channel pays for it, or they probably wouldn't have a show to film. I am not suggesting that everything is 100% real and as it happened in these shows, but there is a good deal of truth in what you see. There are a couple if reality shows that are more scripted than real, and I could name them, but I won't.

I am working for a company that is producing a show called "Prospectors" that will run on The Weather Channel. Not sure when it starts (this spring), but it concerns gem prospecting in the Rockies. I didn't work on this show, but I am hoping to for the second season.[/QUOT

It's obvious they aren't actors, at least not good ones. Nor for that matter are they miners, just a bunch of knuckleheads. Except maybe for old man Pomrenke

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Leonard,
I'm looking forward to the new show, hope it's a success and you get the second season. :icon_thumleft:
Will they be doing any gold prospecting at all? or strictly gems?

Best Wishes,
GG~

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey leonard!! make me a star ( compensation required) 8-)

Leonard F.

Feb 11, 2013
Arvada, CO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GG,

I just went down the hall and checked with the editor on "Prospectors". He said it's all gems and minerals, no gold. I guess right now it will start airing on the Weather Channel, March 27th, but that could change. I haven't seen too much of the footage, but I did see some excavating footage shot at around 12,000 feet. Pretty cool stuff.

Not sure why the show ended up on the Weather Channel. I am working on a show called "Hurricane Hunters" for them, and that makes more sense.

Correction: the show starts March 26th

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Leonard F. I had to quit watching the Bering Sea Gold show due to its lack of credibility and class. Do any of them know what a GPS is? I can pinpoint something in the water up to less than 5' using it. Geesh. As for Gold Rush, it's a little more watchable. You're right, if not for those cool sponsors like Volvo and Discovery Channel, they would have gone bankrupt a long time ago.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Leonard F.

Feb 11, 2013
Arvada, CO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome Leonard F. I had to quit watching the Bering Sea Gold show due to its lack of credibility and class. Do any of them know what a GPS is? I can pinpoint something in the water up to less than 5' using it. Geesh. As for Gold Rush, it's a little more watchable. You're right, if not for those cool sponsors like Volvo and Discovery Channel, they would have gone bankrupt a long time ago.

The problem with these shows, in my opinion, is the constant need for drama. The process is actually pretty interesting, but network executives don't see it that way. They want drama and conflict, and if somebody needs to look incompetent in order to sell that idea in the show, then so be it. Some of these people don't help themselves much, as every move they make is questionable.

Anyway, I would rather be working on programming for The Smithsonian Channel, but that hasn't happened yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread