Bering Sea New Season!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bering Sea Gold New Season!

Did anyone watch the preview of the new season last night?

I cant believe the Christine Rose still has to be paddled out to sea by the excavator. :tongue3:
They said they removed the riffles from their sluice to catch more fine gold? Only way that will work without riffles is by classifying and slowing down the flow. They would have to of changed more than just the sluice. :icon_scratch:

Looks like Hot Head Scott landed some new investors and a new boat.

Can you believe that Vernon and Steve teamed up? That has to be a disaster looking for a place to happen :laughing7:
And what about the hyper diver who showed up to work with Vernon and Steve and went berserk over the weight belt? :laughing9:

I hope Emily and Zeke find a lot of gold this season without a serious accident. (doubtful)

Anyway judging by the preview it ought to be a fun watch with plenty of insane drama. The colorful cast makes the Hoffman crew look like normal miners.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it looks like more grand adventures of the madcap world of commercial gold-mining.
I can't wait, there is so much to learn, so many mistakes to learn from.
I wonder if they will finally reveal the only reason that Zeke hasn't killed Emily is because he is on Prozac.
I have to admit the man is very brave. To hookah dive with Emily as his tender.
Last season was a success, nobody died.
The Christine Rose still doesn't have an engine?
Oh boy!
Maybe I'll DVR this season.
Great invention the DVR.
I hate being hostage to television showtimes.
I like to be in my man cave, the garage whatever I can.
:goldpan:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone watch the preview of the new season last night?

I cant believe the Christine Rose still has to be paddled out to sea by the excavator. :tongue3:
They said they removed the riffles from their sluice to catch more fine gold? Only way that will work without riffles is by classifying and slowing down the flow. They would have to of changed more than just the sluice. :icon_scratch:

Looks like Hot Head Scott landed some new investors and a new boat.

Can you believe that Vernon and Steve teamed up? That has to be a disaster looking for a place to happen :laughing7:
And what about the hyper diver who showed up to work with Vernon and Steve and went berserk over the weight belt? :laughing9:

I hope Emily and Zeke find a lot of gold this season without a serious accident. (doubtful)

Anyway judging by the preview it ought to be a fun watch with plenty of insane drama. The colorful cast makes the Hoffman crew look like normal miners.

GG~

I hate these Pre shows & after the Show , Shows
I Didn't watch the Hoffmans Extra from Friday, I wish I hadn't watched this Pre show.

It's obvious to me the Producers Brought back Scott :( I'm personally not happy about that.)
I really can't stand the Guy.

The psychopath who acted up over the weight belt ?
one of 2 things. Hired by the producers to do that,
or he Thought it was a way to get hired by the producers.

either way, if they bring him in, I'm done.

My guess on the Funeral, also staged for the Preview.
Probably someone who has never been on the show.
& the producers made them attend the funeral for PR.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People eventually will die diving in water that cold.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People eventually will die diving in water that cold.

I agree but not them. They have so many cameramen & extras on hand,
someone would really need to drop the ball for any real accident to happen.

Besides their too Busy Mugging for the Cameras to even
get the Gold :tongue3:

Last edited:

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I hate these Pre shows & after the Show , Shows
I Didn't watch the Hoffmans Extra from Friday, I wish I hadn't watched this Pre show.

This for me. I dont really care to see any in depths on the crews or pre shows. I skipped both recent episodes of the hoffmans show as well. Hopefully a lot of other people did too so ratings dropped big enough for them to notice.

Dec 30, 2012
Alaska
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
original post said: I hate these Pre shows & after the Show , Shows

It's obvious to me the Producers Brought back Scott I'm personally not happy about that.)

-------------------
Hey "Jeff of PA "That is very cold. The funeral is real and not made up or staged. People lost a good friend and a family member. It was not made up at all and you assume it was just for attention or ratings? just for that attitude I will not say what happened except it is real and it was someone they filmed on Bering Sea Gold and many Nome-ites miss him/her. The crazy guy is real also. Theres no place like Nome.

Last edited:

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I did some checking on the web and I found some interesting stuff.
It may not have been somebody in the show.

Bering Sea Gold - The Nome Gold Rush

There does seem to be a gold rush going on up there.
They got a lot of rules to follow.
And they have a recreational Gold dredging area.
I agree about Scott, he seems like a WMD to me.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This for me. I dont really care to see any in depths on the crews or pre shows. I skipped both recent episodes of the hoffmans show as well. Hopefully a lot of other people did too so ratings dropped big enough for them to notice.
I caught them. You didn't miss anything. I wasn't about to watch the replays that night. Tired of the fake dramalama.

original post said: I hate these Pre shows & after the Show , Shows

It's obvious to me the Producers Brought back Scott I'm personally not happy about that.)

-------------------
Hey "Jeff of PA "That is very cold. The funeral is real and not made up or staged. People lost a good friend and a family member. It was not made up at all and you assume it was just for attention or ratings? just for that attitude I will not say what happened except it is real and it was someone they filmed on Bering Sea Gold and many Nome-ites miss him/her. The crazy guy is real also. Theres no place like Nome.
You probably haven't read much here. These guys (as well as I) would be most interested in the mining operations and people behind them. I could watch a 1/2 hour of shoveling gravel and water flowing through the plant. We are verymuch not interested in the over the top edited for only drama crap they're airing.

As far as being cold, I find it ironic that them using the death/funeral to spinup the show's drama is not. Or did I miss something there.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of Zekes helpers died,I beleive he was briefly on the show,and Zeke flipped on him.I never did hear how he died but it was NOT mining

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to say it was a suicide?, and I believe he was a investor in his dredge. Seem like that was what I read somewhere. Can't believe that even stuck in the memory banks8-)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oakview2

user-offline.png
I want to say it was a suicide?, and I believe he was a investor in his dredge. Seem like that was what I read somewhere. Can't believe that even stuck in the memory banks
cool.gif

I Forgot about him. I don't even remember him on the show unless he had a 5 minute scene working on the boat, and was the guy zeke sent packing first season?
anyway I would have thought he was buried long before this seasons filming started.
Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't they end last season
with a note saying in Memory of ....

Bringing that up now would just be tacky :/

But then again if there are "Belt Weight Guys" running around up there :o

As far as being cold, I find it ironic that them using the death/funeral to spinup the show's drama is not. Or did I miss something there.

Exactly:thumbsup: you said it before I did .
My speculation may have not gone over with everyone,
but the crying & brutzin' for ratings after someones death.
show member, or not, isn't out of line ???

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to say it but thankfully I don't have regular TV... hahaha :) So I don't feel the need to watch these new Gold Mining Soap Opera's. They should call it "Day's without lives"... I watched some on YouTube & really was far from impressed with some of the people actually running the operations. Some need good seasoned veteran dredgers, and most need more actual mining footage & less drama & then repeating the same drama scene again & again to promote their attitude which seems to me to be anti-mining all the way. I do have respect for many of them but some of the others have no business being there. Gold Mining should not have ever been turned into a soap opera by these actors. When they are performing like monkeys for the camera, give them a banana.

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those of you who know me also know I can be a bit long-winded. And right now I'm considering using my gift of gab to send an e-mail to the Discovery Channel and if they really wanted drama we should let them in on our little drama of the little miners here in the lower 48.
The drama between law-abiding American citizens that are legally mining on public lands, and how uneducated special-interest groups are using the federal government to strong-arm us out of doing what is guaranteed our right under the Constitution of the United States. Of how our rights and our public lands are being usurped surreptitiously right out under our noses. And that there are problems of this misuse and trashing of wilderness areas on public lands by a few lowlife miners, some of who may be homeless, and don't care how they affect the wilderness. And and how the wide majority of recreational prospectors actually cleaned up their messes because we understand how important it is to protect our public lands. How even while mining we recover and properly remove mercury and other remnants left behind by the turn-of-the-century miners. How that many of us are part of the mining and treasure clubs in this country, and all follow rules that are meant to help protect the environment, and if possible leave no trace. Of how they beat us over the head with this interpretation of the laws and regulations regarding public lands to benefit their agenda. Of how the dredging ban in California was enacted to protect the salmon industry and affects every river and stream in California whether they have salmon or they are not.. Nobody even knows if dredging is affecting salmon population at all. It sure as hell hasn't affected the population of salmon as much as damning rivers did. But of course it's okay to ruin an ecosystem if it's for the public good. Then maybe they'll understand this thing with little miners is a lot bigger than anybody ever imagined.
Evil wins when good people do nothing to stop it.
May I become the person my dog thinks I am.:goldpan:
Worlds Greatest Dog2.0 (270x269).jpg

Attachments

• Worlds Greatest Dog.jpg
    Worlds Greatest Dog.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 5,027
Last edited:

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And yes that is me and my dog God bless her little soul. Her name is Scully. The picture filename is the world's greatest dog.
I don't know how that second little picture got posted too.:goldpan:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
The guy I was thinking about was not on camera, but a partner, and it seems I read about this between there summer and winter operations. It would not suprise me if they used this for ratings, and even with the anti mining bias from these gold shows, my fever keeps me watching the gold and the recovery. Some of the best episodes were recorded so I can skip the drama, and just enjoy the money shots....

I Forgot about him. I don't even remember him on the show unless he had a 5 minute scene working on the boat, and was the guy zeke sent packing first season?
anyway I would have thought he was buried long before this seasons filming started.
Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't they end last season
with a note saying in Memory of ....

Bringing that up now would just be tacky :/

But then again if there are "Belt Weight Guys" running around up there :o

Exactly:thumbsup: you said it before I did .
My speculation may have not gone over with everyone,
but the crying & brutzin' for ratings after someones death.
show member, or not, isn't out of line ???

audiver2001

Oct 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if any consideration has been given to fact that one of the most prolific salmon rivers in the world, Alaskas Copper river runs nothing but silt and nevers clears up, yet the salmon thrive in that environment...oh yeah I forgot the regulators are all educated

audiver2001

Oct 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys the loss of this very young man was real and affected nearly everyone in the dredging community and the production crews, and seemed to cast a shadow over the rest of the season, a season that was not to good anyway...and yes hurricane Dave, also called shakey was real also...the weight belt scene not quite so real, but the guy really is like he was shown, we put him down to try dredging and he was breathing so fast and hard he sucked the air tank down to 50 psi in a few minutes, and the tank was always 80-100psi with anyone else down

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread