US Government At it again

Davidail

Nov 3, 2012
North FL and North GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector with 5" coil making it the AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just answered a post on here concerning the US MRDS site, and my experience with this site. Well since I last used there site it appears they have changed the location data for some of the mines in GA which are located on public lands again. I downloaded the MRDS data for the state of GA today and the locations have changed since I last downloaded the info last year. I have both sets of Data, and it has changed. I am actually happy they are moving the locations since anyone who downloads this info will go to the provided GPS coordinates, and want find S*** or they will fine its located on private land. Thus believing the idea that all the Gold has been found or its on private land. they will leave empty handed and probably want return ever again. I am sure the private land owners will love the Fact the US Government has change the location of the mine to their property. This could be why they keep moving the locations. Get a few property owners raising cane over them placing the location on their property. I know I would if I owned land up there and they placed the location onto my land.
For example theirs some mines in the North GA area which I posted on back a few months ago in which the Government removed the entire creek and Tributaries from all of their Topo maps as a means to stop people from going to this area of National Forest. The creek I mention was named after the Mine, My son and I went to this area this past weekend, Even my new Garmin GPS in my SUV didn't have the road on it nor the creek which is almost 30ft. wide where the road crosses it. Only one problem the Government has, the fact there's records out there which show the locations The 1896 Gold Deposit book which tells where this creek is, and the Earlier maps which clearly show it. Over 4 miles of roads and creeks have been removed from the Governments websites and maps. And Google has removed any trace of it as well.
The 2nd creek my son and I worked just 5 miles away from the one I mention above, and on Public land. The same thing MRDS has this placer mine located over 1 mile from where it really is. The names of the creeks have been removed from all maps and the newer GPS units including the handheld units. Once again thanks to the old writings and some knowledge of the area in question, we was on the gold. Sorry but I want give the location of this creek out to anyone, Since I can't file a claim on it.

Upvote 0

penster

Sep 3, 2012
CT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can't trust the government......Good luck in your search for the yeller stuff!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very informative post. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

All the best,

Lanny

highdesertranger

Sep 23, 2008
so kalifornia
Detector(s) used
gmt, falcon md20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have noticed that they have been doing this out west for years. they do it slowly so its hard to see sometimes. this is why i like the older maps 60's and earlier. highdesertranger

lil wayne

Feb 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe we will pass in the river one day as I mainly work close to home in Carroll county but I do get to venture up there a few times a year and constantly look for the roads and rivers that GPS don't show

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Its definitely not just in GA, its been going on in other places too (NC for example where I go a lot).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread