Rich Hill Arizona Metal Detecting

metz_2

Jan 5, 2013
Hello, I have been down to the Prescott Arizona area with my father for a mining convention and learned a little about the Rich Hill area. I'm really entertaining the idea of making a trip down into that area but before I do would like to gain some 1st experience accounts from people that have detected down there. It really seams that its a pay to detect area do to all the owned claims but what's really the best experiences. Who really to talk to and where to really go. I live in Nebraska and would entertain starting a group outing this year.

So does anyone know good information of the Rich Hill area?? Good Luck out there.

Upvote 0

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems like Y not Prospecting and Weaver have claims at Rich Hill, and I believe it is about 35 bucks per year, per club. Don't know much about the dirt, but it is Rich Hill
cool.gif
I have not propsected there, but I believe that is still the case. Terry Solomon is a excellent resource for that state, and can probably give you some good information.

doc holiday

Greenie
Dec 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to: Weaver Mining Club just north of Congress on main hwy. they have the best leases and 35.00 per YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is it true that the fee per claim to hold claims went up, and a bunch of the former groups like Weaver and some others had to let big chunks of ground go due to this? And now they have much smaller tracts of ground to hunt?

Someone down there in Arizona should be able to answer this. . . .

All the best,

Lanny

I hunted a bunch of club claims and some private ones during my outings in the area. It's a great place to detect, but it's getting harder to find the gold due to the crowds that winter there. However, it was worth it to be in place with such an incredible gold history!

OP
OP
metz_2

metz_2

Jan 5, 2013
Great advice Doc. I will look into that. Are those good size claims, small claims I suppose could really get worked over. But $35 a year to poke around on is such a good deal. Do the have a website.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is STILL big gold in the Rich Hill area. An 8-ounce specimen was found last year by a friend on the East Side of Rich Hill, and a four-ouncer came out of the alluvial plain below the hill. Here is one I pulled off Y-Not claims a few years ago.

Weaver Mining District

928-427-6344
Weaver Mining District home

Y NOT Prospectors Club

PO Box 366
Congress, AZ 85332
Tom & Maggie
928-427-9605

Roadrunners Prospectors Club, Inc.
PO Box 56804
Phoenix, AZ 85079-6804 USA
Office: 1-602-274-2521 or fax: 1-602-274-4335
Roadrunner Prospectors' Club, Inc. | "……. There's Gold in Them Thar Hills"
E-Mail:
[email protected]

Attachments

• richhill 044.jpg
    richhill 044.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 603
OP
OP
metz_2

metz_2

Jan 5, 2013
Wow, thanks for stopping by the thread Terry. Great to hear there is some good nuggets being found. Is it possible to know what area is probably least metal detected? Also another question, do most, some or any of these claims allow you to camp there??

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, thanks for stopping by the thread Terry. Great to hear there is some good nuggets being found. Is it possible to know what area is probably least metal detected? Also another question, do most, some or any of these claims allow you to camp there??

Between Y-Not and Weaver, there are over 2,000-acres to search. There is an old saying that holds true - "Nobody gets it all." Yes some areas are more productive than others but, you'll need to make your bones and some friends to get on them. Generally, if it is easy to get to, it's been pounded. Yes, you can camp continuously on BLM land for up to 14-days.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Metz, TimC and I have 4 claims in the area of Rich Hill, AZ. We live in Yarnell, AZ just 7 miles away. We just got notification through my bank account that both 189 dollar checks for the two claims ( 189 + 189 ) have been dispursed to the BLM. We have not recieved the official notice yet. I'm sure it will come within the next two weeks or so then be posted on the LR2000 site. We have been placer mining in the Quartzsite and Rich Hill area for a few years now, and have been doing GREAT at Rich Hill. The pay-to-play fees are now $45 a year. A real bargain! Jerry, (Supafly123 ?) found $171 dollars in gold (in one day!) the last time he was here. He will be back FROM INDIANA this month! That should tell you that some think the area is worth it. The Weaver Mining district Office is located in the town of Congress, AZ. It is less than 1 mile west of the intersection of 81 and 71. From that Intersection (Country Corner Gas station - 24 - hours) go west to strip mall on left. You will see a GROCERY sign there. Enter the mall lot and proceed to the east end to find the office. Julie is in the office. I believe they are closed on Sun and Mon. The Y-not Prospectors (Tom and Maggie) are just across the road from the entrance to the Stanton LDMA camp (Lisa and Jack Tucker, on-site caretakers). Bring your camera for this historical town! If you latch up with TimC and I we will put you on our claims where we will gaurantee gold! I will allow you to stay in my RV at Yarnell FREE. No cost. It is not 5 star, but comfortable. I was just there but had to return to CA for health issues. Pity. You do not have to pay us for working our claims. Also, if you latch up with Terry Soloman, when he is down from NY, he will help you find gold . He also does very competively priced workshops that can round out your prospecting knowledge. try him at www.arizonagoldadventures.com . So now you have no excuse! You now have enough info to plan a trip. C'mon down! TerryC

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Someday, I would love to dig some dirt with you and your brother, it could happen, and maybe you could teach this old dog some new tricks. Lord knows I could use all the help I can get8-)

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to go TC I love to help others out when I can.I was given permission on property on Humbug Creek when I was young.It is a memory I will treasure forever.I still have the fever although the pickens in Oklahoma are not that great.I plan on visiting my old stomping grounds this year.Will hit lynx and a few other places.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go TC I love to help others out when I can.I was given permission on property on Humbug Creek when I was young.It is a memory I will treasure forever.I still have the fever although the pickens in Oklahoma are not that great.I plan on visiting my old stomping grounds this year.Will hit lynx and a few other places.
Lynx is a greaat place. Reportedly the best creek in AZ. My brother put me onto it. Don't get there enough, though. Too many pickens' around RH. TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So are the Terri's brothers?
Just want to make sure I don't confuse the two when I'm trying to learn from the pros.
I'm hoping to get a trip planned with family. Already talked to Terry S. Just need to see who's in.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Of course if you want another to head out with ya. I'm game

OP
OP
metz_2

metz_2

Jan 5, 2013
Ya the more the better. Have you ever been to that area. Got a lot of good advice already from this thread. I'm from Nebraska and am thinking a April trip down there. I'm corespondent with my father and a few friends trying to set a date.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been around there. Never prospected/detected it. I've been over a lot of the Arizona central deserts and in the mountains. Mostly hunting and fishing. Did panning to pass time. Now started detecting and panning for exercise and enjoy the outdoors.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terri's?? TERRI'S?? Try terry or I'll cry like a girl.I bought a meteorite book from Robt Haag a few years ago. He signed the book Terri. Ouch! No, the Terry's are not brothers. Besides, I refuse to live in New Yoke! TimC and I are brothers. TimC has cancer and will croak before I do. I can joke like that.... he gave me permission. Just me. All are welcome down here. (up here?) Starting the 12th of this month we will have two visitors for a week or two so the inn is full right now. The two latest claims we filed for have shown up on the county's web site. Just waiting for the Feds to do the public recordation so we can stop crossing our fingers. As I have said many times.... we GAURANTEE gold from our claims. How much you go home with depends on how much sweat you are willing to expend. There are also many clubs in the area of Rich Hill for those that can't stand my aggresive attitude. C'mon down! EDIT: If you want to learn from a pro, you ain't talking to me. I just have been blessed with a chance to do this STUFF often and learn from the pros (like Terry S) here on the net and SUPERB pulications from those like Chris Ralph and Jim Straight. TTC

Last edited:

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry. I'll head up to sweat a bit. You saying after 19th?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread