Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering why Alaska, your pretty close to great gold in SC I believe, not sure about the regulations making it impossible. Im from Reno, NV been mostly armchair prospecting but the right place would get me going, no assets right now. A little research on your part of the country might do ya wonders, especially knowing the locals.

Just my 2 cents.

johnnysau

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
There's still good gold in NC. I got a buddy that got almost 8 ounces dredging in NC last year (with a 5 inch dredge) and he did not go every weekend either.

OP
OP
G

greg60

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2013
Jacksoville nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tridge i am outside of Jacksonville, Ive been prospecting for a few years now. Lived in Kings Mtn for a few years, lots of gold up there!!! Found my share there. I have some kin living in Fairbanks, Alaska, and Im ready to get up there, adventure as well as pocket some Gold, lol!! Time to get out of the building Industry, Im burned out! 30 plus yrs.

gsobruton

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grew up near ragsdale, in jamestown. I am just Getting started. Building my own sluice soon to take to cabarrus county soon. Uwarhie too.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALWAYS LOOK CLOSE TO HOME FIRST and prosper as SHOOTING for the stars is a great way to fail ESPECIALLY noobies-John :icon_thumright:

jeff08xx

Apr 23, 2011
Dallas TX, Philippines, Fairbanks Alaska
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Whites 2-box deep cache
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit good gold in Idaho on my way to Alaska this last summer. Down in a deep canyon with very limited access. Bought a log home outside of Fairbanks and worked on it all summer and hope to venture out and hit a few places this next year if anyone is interested. Could use a partner in starting up an Alaskan Gold Prospecting Tour where people fly in and we take them out to mine but not rape them on the price...I have a 5" dredge and RV trailer waiting for the thaw...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread