THIS SHOULD GET YOUR ATTENTION IF YOURE IN SOUTHERN ARIZONA

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
THIS SHOULD GET YOUR ATTENTION IF YOU'RE IN SOUTHERN ARIZONA

This big mountain lion was shot recently in the San Pedro River Area. The big cat weighed 225 pounds. This area is just east of the Catalina / Rincon mountain ranges east of Tucson, Arizona. If this big lion does not have you looking over your shoulder then this will catch your attention below as these big cats have a huge range that they travel within prospecting areas.

biglion.jpg

Arizona Game and Fish has confirmed that Jaguars have moved into southern Arizona from Mexico. This big cat was treed by a lion hunter in Cochise County in southern Arizona. Loin hunter Donnie Fenn and his 10 year old daughter were out and about when his hound dogs had treed a large Jaguar. Currently AG&F have many cameras in undisclosed areas in the Santa Rita mountain range monitoring the movement of these large cats. The Santa Rita Mountains are just south of Tucson, Arizona. AG&F has many photos but would not release them as the surrounding areas would show just where these cats are being sighted.

jagr.jpg

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kuger,

I 100% agree with you. I was under the assumption that Barbara Schoener the jogger lady was eaten , I guess she was on the Placer county side of the canyon. I guess (fish and wildlife now) musta got allotta crap about the pictures of the dead lions stacked like cordwood on pallets behind fish and games lab off of Sunrise and the Dam so now they are being even more bent towards protecting the Wildlife. Its all ok though becouse the guy who is head of the Mountain Lion foundation gets paid about $500,000 a year and get lots of donations cause they look so cuddly.
....Linda was fed upon.......I wouldnt say eaten...but the link I put up,quotes her husband as saying eaten,,,so in respect to info I provided,I deleted that part.I will tell you she died fairly quickly she was grabbed by the throat,and there was blood in a 30' radius...as I said,I an real familiar with what has gone on.....people should have to see what I have....may have a little different idea of how cuddly they are.Awesome incredible beutiful animal and I have devoted a great deal of my life toward them,but also call a spade a spade .:icon_thumright:

F&G,hasnt killed lions in some time(another agency does...8-)).......they have just buckled to the Animal rights enviro's,they have forgot where there roots are...who butters their bread...and they are distancing themselves from all of that.They are not for Hunters or Fisherman,anymore

I actually have to defend that photo you are talking about too........that photo was of a bunch of heads from lions that had been taken on depredation(had killed livestock)and were being studied....I will tell you twice that many are killed on your tax dollar now on depredation.If F&G had balls they would allow them to be hunted again and managed while bringing in revenue instead of our tax dollar going out by the hundreds of thousands

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe we could start the BAMBI foundation and ban cars becouse they kill so many deer.
Look at how much PETAS brass is worth.....all of em are the same...so is the Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation,they all make me sick...

JSpinner

Feb 16, 2013
Northwest - Idaho
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup.....it's a big 'un, alright. That's what we find roaming in town once in awhile, up here. A few months ago, they finally caught the one which had been sighted down by the Boise river a few times... less than a mile from my domain. They had seen its tracks for months, before finally capturing it. And, less than a year before that, one morning a woman found one on her front lawn, chewing away at a fresh deer it had killed. It took them another couple of months to track that one down.....on BSU campus by the the greenbelt along the river. They are HUGE! Easily bigger than my son's Ford Festiva. Though it isn't common, it is also, not really unusual for those kinds of sightings, here. And, yes....you'd better be 'packin' something bigger than a 22.
Mountain lion sighting reported in Southeast Boise Sunday night ...
www.idahostatesman.com/.../mountain-lion-sighting-reported....
Nov 11, 2012 – Police were dispatched to a cougar sighting in the Columbia Village subdivision in southeast Boise at about 9:21 p.m. Sunday night.
Have you seen the Boise cougar? | Outdoors | Idahostatesman.com
www.idahostatesman.com/.../has-anyone-seen-the-boise-couga...
Oct 31, 2012 – Five weeks of mountain lion sightings across the Valley — and the mauling of a dog — have Boise area residents on edge. Traps were set ...
Mountain lion attacks dog in Garden City | KTVB.COM Boise
www.ktvb.com/.../Mountain-lion-attacks-dog-in-Garden-City-...Share
Oct 22, 2012 – GARDEN CITY -- Idaho Fish and Game confirms that a mountain lion attacked a family dog last Thursday. It happened at a home in the ...

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are HUGE! Easily bigger than my son's Ford Festiva

c'mon now......the heaviest ever killed was less than 230 lbs....I have handled hundreds and the largest I have ever actually touched was 8' long and 205 lbs

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
I've heard stories in Arizona and New Mexico about mountain lions travelling in groups of a dozen or more cats. That would be a nightmare scenario. While i was in Silver City, NM a lion walked through the parking lot of a Circle K conveinience store in town like he was invisible. Apparently he was, cause nobody even stopped pumping gas into their cars. I was pretty shocked. Obviously, some of these cats have overcome their fear of people. Another one is called a "Coy-Dog".. Cross between a domestic dog and a coyote. Has absolutely no fear of humans. Young girl was attacked by a coy-dog in my hometown in Louisiana. Gamewarden who shot it, emptied his 357 magnum into it while it was trying to tear his leg off. They tested the animal for rabies. Test came back negative. It was just vicious... that's all. At the time i was a deputy sheriff in the town, so i got the details of these attacks directly from the source.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok.... Let me see here... We have Scorpions, Trantulas, Black Widow spiders, Gila Monsters, Rattlers, Javalinas, Bears, Mountain Lions and now Jaguars to deal with. I may never leave the house again! NOT!!!!!

Let's face it, for the most part they're all more scared of us than we are of them. I'd love to be able to get a picture or two of some of them (from a distance with a good lens of course) but I'm not going to be holding my breath for the shot either.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was attacked by a 270-pound Arizona Cougar in the Arrowhead Bar once in Congress. Now THAT was scary! If her husband hadn't shown up, that Cougar would have had me for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner! :laughing7:

oldbrundogg

Sep 22, 2012
Oroville
Detector(s) used
99.00 something or other from big 5
270lbs in a dimly lit bar with noise of the juke box, Terry you never stood a chance.they will wander out of their territory. BE SAFE!!
OBD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread