Questions about FLCC claim near Bickel camp.

Biglay

Jan 8, 2013
Smogville
Hi Im Bob, Im new here but have prospected in Oregon for about 6 years. I have just started to get into the desert prospecting now that Im back in Cali. I bought a bellows drywasher off craigslist recently and fixed her up a little. As a kid I grew up dirtbike riding ot near Jabone/Redrock Cyn and know there are mines everywhere in those mountains. I have a great spot near Randsburg Ca. that I find nice fine gold but I want my first nugget. Over new years we camped out that way and as a tradition we took a ride to the old ladys mine aka Burro Schmit tunel ( as a kid the old lady Tony used to give us flashlights to use). Anyway I was horrified to see what people did to her old place. I did some exploring in the area of Goler Gulch and found lots of claims and diggings.
I found the website for The Friends of Last Chance Canyon and read a little about them. Sounds like a great group and the fact that they work to protect the history of the El Paso mountain range has me ready to join. So that leads to my questions. Are there any members here? What can I look forword to finding on the 160acre claim they have near Bickel camp? Does anyone know of other clubs that have claims in the area?

Thanks for any input. I look forword to learning form you guys and gals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The GPAA has several claims in the El Pasos. I have been paying them much more than the monthly payout (LDMA) so I don't know what the GPAA monthly is. I will very soon be paid up so I will only have a $10 a month maintainance fee. Welcome to the best Tnet on the net! TTC

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
The PCSC has a claim there, TAFT has claims there, antelope vallley prospectors, and the OC 49ers have claims there. Great area to work. I go up at least once a month and a member of those clubs. Look em up on line. Lots of areas to work. Hard part is picking which one !!

OP
OP
B

Biglay

Jan 8, 2013
Smogville
Thanks for the welcome and info. Oh and Terry thanks for your vid about the hand crusher :thumbsup: I just made one using a 10lb sledge hammer head and 4" pipe. Works great and gives you a workout at the same time :laughing7: Ill post up pics soon. Ill be headed out to the desert this very cod weekend. Im itching for some gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread