Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin fantastic!!! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree807Likes

Thread: Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin fantastic!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5607 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowyellow View Post
    Great, now I'm not gonna sleep for 3 days. Lol! I jump for joy when I find a piece of pepper gold. Good Lord! I would have a heart attack out there. M E D I C !!!!!!
    I know what I'll be seeing in my dreams for a while. I'm with you that the sight of all of that gold would give anyone with a heart for the gold a golden coronary!

All the best,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5607 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdg Sluicer View Post
    Speechless...... What can you say.
    Yup! Glad you enjoyed it.

All the best,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    5607 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by trinityau View Post
    Lanny, that is something to see. There was an operation here in Trinity County a while back that had cleanups like that. They did not get the bigger nuggets shown on the video, the largest the boys got was a two and a half ounce nugget but literally pounds of 17, 16, 15, 10, and 5 pennyweight nuggets. The fines were all rice size and were sorted out each clean up in three pound coffee cans. The boys had to clean up four times a day because of the sheer amount of gold from each run. One excavator, one loader, one dozer. I am glad that I was able to actually witness several of their clean-ups. This went on four months out of the year and lasted for several years before shutting down. The claim had been cut in half, half to be worked and reclaimed then work the other half. Everything was taken care of and the work was to begin on the second half when someone from the USFS got the main guy mad and he just shut it down. He was a big Irishman and did not take any gruff off any of them. This particular site was under an old town and the ground had never been worked. Thirty feet to bedrock. It is still out there. Thanks for the video, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS
    Fantastic reply Ray, and thanks for the story to go with it. That's the kind of story I love to hear, and moreover, all that gold is still there--that's what keeps the dreams going, especially since it's only 30 feet to bedrock! That fires the imagination.

I was on a dig in north-central British Columbia where the sluices all ran yellow with nuggets to the bottom riffle! And, it was a big wash-plant. Now, the boss had gone to town for a few days, and the crew was pushing the dirt too fast--thus the nuggets in the bottom riffle of the three sluices. So, you know what that means--a lot of gold went over. The boss, of course, was furious. I know where that place is, and hopefully I'll get back there one day with my 5000 and have a party. They took out pounds and pounds of gold, and I helped them clean it all, so I know how much they got. Lots of big multi-gram nuggets, and all of the gold in that area is coarse. It's a long story that took place in a very remote location, and some day I'll write it all down

Thanks again for the story, and all the best,

Lanny

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    5607 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullpan View Post
    Great video - I never have seen anything remotely close to that! After replaying it four times, have a couple questions for the experts. First the vast majority
    of material seemed to be broken slate bedrock - where was usual rounded cobbles? And when the excavator was feeding it, the material looked like soil - was
    that the fine paydirt that falls into bedrock cracks?
    Watch it again (351-401), and when they play the shot of the gold sitting in the sluice, pause it and you'll see the rounded, varied channel rocks.

All the best, and glad you enjoyed it,

Lanny
    Last edited by Lanny in AB; Jan 10, 2013 at 05:08 PM.

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    5607 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by old digger View Post
    WOW! Absolutely fantastic! Thanks for sharing Lanny. That's what dreams are made of.
    You're right on the money! It is what dreams are made of.

Thanks for dropping in, and all the best,

Lanny

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    5607 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabbit79er View Post
    Remember we were talking about if all the gold was found.
    I think these guys found the rest of it.
    That is amazing.
    That makes my Piddly 30 piece cleanups look a little inadequate.
    It's good to know there are still glory holes out there.
    Always feel good about your clean-ups--it means you're doing things right, and one day you'll get a nice clean-up with some big stuff in it. And, yes, it is great to know the glory holes are still out there--I heartily agree.

All the best,

Lanny
    kuger likes this.

us
    Jul 2010
    154 times
    It sure does get the blood moving that's for sure! Thanks for sharing.

Doug.
    Lanny in AB likes this.

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1577 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    ~Drools~ Now I gotta get out and do some prospecting!

Thanks for posting that video.
    Lanny in AB likes this.
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
    8998 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    No Lanny, didn't make me hold my breath. Just made me CRY alot! Damn! I need a spot where I pick out the bigguns' for show..... from a huge pile! Tnx, to say the least. TTC
    Most of my screw-up decisions in my life were to appease my friends, not my conscience. Sorry, but going forward, some of you will no longer call me friend.

us
    Nov 2012
    Nashville
    Minelab x-Terra 505
    4961 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Dumbstruck is what I am! Congrats Lanny,that's a beautiful sight.
    Lanny in AB likes this.
    "What if it's not just another pull tab?" - Lance

“Fancy some lemonade Lance?” - Sheila

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2779 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    That was good watchin......its still out there to be found.....much in Calif never will as long as the current regime stays in place....
    Lanny in AB likes this.
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    5607 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Watson View Post
    It sure does get the blood moving that's for sure! Thanks for sharing.

Doug.
    The blood movin', the blood pumpin', the blood roarin'--you're absolutely right on the money!

All the best,

Lanny

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    5607 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTokyo View Post
    ~Drools~ Now I gotta get out and do some prospecting!

Thanks for posting that video.
    I hear you loud and clear. It's snowing hard today, the wind is blowing and the snow's drifting. I'd love to be out chasin' the gold too.

All the best,

Lanny

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    5607 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryC View Post
    No Lanny, didn't make me hold my breath. Just made me CRY alot! Damn! I need a spot where I pick out the bigguns' for show..... from a huge pile! Tnx, to say the least. TTC
    We all need a spot like that. I don't even care if they let me keep any--I'd just love to cradle some of those beauties in my hand for a while. Years ago in the wilds of British Columbia, I got to play with a six-ounce beauty for a while. I was there when they found it. The dang thing worked its way through a hole in the screen on the shaker deck because one of the screen bars was broke. That's the only reason it dropped to the header plate didn't skid right off the shaker into the tailings pile! But man, it was so fun holding that thing and drooling! The big ones in the video are heftier than the one I'm talking about, but I'd still love to heft those beautiful nuggets for a bit.

All the best,

Lanny
    TerryC and Oakview2 like this.

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    5607 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by CoilyGirl View Post
    Dumbstruck is what I am! Congrats Lanny,that's a beautiful sight.
    Glad you dropped in for a peak. I hope you understand that the gold isn't mine--I just stumbled across the video by mistake, that's why I'd never seen it before, but I had to post it because its awesome power is out of this world!

All the best,

Lanny

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links