Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin fantastic!!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin' fantastic!!!

Unbelievable video of big North American gold nuggets + new finds, pics, videos added: a live thread, so please post your gold shots.
I'll add other videos or stills of big nuggety North American gold as I find them.

This video starts slow, but it's shot underground, so give it a while and then watch out that you don't have a freakin' heart attack!!

I hope you love looking at this as much as I did--every placer miner's dream come true. If you're a rookie, you'll get the fever bad watching this one. (To avoid any confusion, this is not my video, nor is it my clean-up, nor was I involved in any way--I found it by mistake after typing in a search word incorrectly [that's why I'd never found it before], but I sure do love it!!)

Almost 3,800 ounces in the last shot--fines are in the large plastic bags. 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle!

All the best,

Lanny

P.S. I posted it with my beginner's thread as well, but it's so great it deserves it's own place too.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Last edited:
Upvote 2
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 1418993
From a couple weeks ago in metro Denver :)

Wow! That Denver gold sure is bright. It looks like it must run at quite a high purity? Regardless, it sure is pretty gold.

Thanks as well for taking the time to post the picture to add to this thread, and I continue to hope that others will jump in as well, because I sure do enjoy seeing what others are finding.

All the best,

Lanny

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes South Denver gold is paleo placer from the long-gone mountains which predate the formation of the Rockies...so it's had millions of years to weather out the non-gold metals. It's 98-99% pure naturally!!

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes South Denver gold is paleo placer from the long-gone mountains which predate the formation of the Rockies...so it's had millions of years to weather out the non-gold metals. It's 98-99% pure naturally!!

No wonder it looks so great, incredible lustre with its golden shine.

All the best,

Lanny

A Sasquatch

Greenie
Sep 10, 2015
Canada
Detector(s) used
4500, 2300 & Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It does let me type :) . Just thought you would appreciated my Mother's Day find! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496819020.959963.jpg it is 16.2 oz and was sun baking!

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Sasquatch - that is a very nice paperweight! Thank you for sharing...................63bkpkr

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody know who sang that song at the end? Great old time music!!!

Love the gold. Incredible is a good work to describe it. This guys probably felt weird about getting used to seeing big gold like that.
Probably pretty neat to know how much of a special situation you are in when you are successful like that.

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Nice to hear from you again.

Did you get a chance to chase the gold again this season?

If you ever have any more pictures to share, I know I'd sure like to see them.

All the best, and good luck with the coming great-white-winter,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It does let me type :) . Just thought you would appreciated my Mother's Day find! View attachment 1459796 it is 16.2 oz and was sun baking!

Holy Jumpin' Dynamite!!

I was gone for quite a spell and totally missed this post!

That is freakin' gorgeous, and the fact that it was a sun-baker is insane!! Thanks so much for the picture.

Wow! What a beautiful find, and what a gorgeous chunk of bona fide North American gold!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anybody know who sang that song at the end? Great old time music!!!

Love the gold. Incredible is a good work to describe it. This guys probably felt weird about getting used to seeing big gold like that.
Probably pretty neat to know how much of a special situation you are in when you are successful like that.

I agree! Incredible!!

One day I'll make the trip to that neck of the woods where the big nuggets play, just to get a crack at something that will break my little gold scale would be so much fun!

All the best,

Lanny

zsandru

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2018
montana
Detector(s) used
gold bug and ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its midnight here right now and that video stoked a fire from deep within almost grabbed the gold bug and a headlamp and headed out HAHA very cool thanks for sharing

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
its midnight here right now and that video stoked a fire from deep within almost grabbed the gold bug and a headlamp and headed out HAHA very cool thanks for sharing

I think that video has to be my all time favourite for stoking the fires to light the gold fever, so I'm going to agree with you for sure.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just looked up these reports of the Nolan Creek area/deposits for the subject video. https://mrdata.usgs.gov/ardf/show-ardf.php?ardf_num=WI101
https://www.mindat.org/loc-199143.html

Great link!

Looks like the last guys took out about 28 million dollars of the good stuff, and before that, the old boys really cleaned up a lot of gold.

It was also fun to find out they were drift-mining in the winter as well.

Thanks again for the information, and all the best,

Lanny

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing on the right is a dime, the thing on the left is a heavy dose of a golden drug pill! Thank you for sharing, from another addicted soul............63bkpkr

OregonGold76

Oct 9, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ll be the first to tell ya......
It’s still out there!

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Palm-full of nuggets.jpg

Hit some good stuff recently!

Lots of fun.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread