Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin fantastic!!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin' fantastic!!!

Unbelievable video of big North American gold nuggets + new finds, pics, videos added: a live thread, so please post your gold shots.
I'll add other videos or stills of big nuggety North American gold as I find them.

This video starts slow, but it's shot underground, so give it a while and then watch out that you don't have a freakin' heart attack!!

I hope you love looking at this as much as I did--every placer miner's dream come true. If you're a rookie, you'll get the fever bad watching this one. (To avoid any confusion, this is not my video, nor is it my clean-up, nor was I involved in any way--I found it by mistake after typing in a search word incorrectly [that's why I'd never found it before], but I sure do love it!!)

Almost 3,800 ounces in the last shot--fines are in the large plastic bags. 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle!

All the best,

Lanny

P.S. I posted it with my beginner's thread as well, but it's so great it deserves it's own place too.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Last edited:
Upvote 2
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haha,I was speed reading I guess. Still , the video is neat.

My mistake--I wasn't clear enough, so I went back and added that in to avoid any more confusion.

All the best,

Lanny

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am speechless. An operation like that. Wow! Great video sir thanks for sharing that.

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man,
I could spend the rest of my life there! Beautiful scenery and outstanding nuggets.
Thanks for the video.
Steve

I'm with you on that one Steve--Alaska is incredibly, incredibly beautiful.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
awesome video and that was all found underground? I wonder how old the rock is, the glaciers must have missed that area:laughing7:

I can't verify where all of the gold came from, but on the video they're washing river-run, and it can come from standard open-pit techniques, or it can be ancient channels, with frozen pay, mucked out from drifts (tunnels driven in to the pay under massive amounts of overburden).

I have no idea how old the stream channel is, but whenever it grabbed the gold, it sure did an impressive job!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you head to Youtube and type in this search (or copy and paste), you'll get to see a gorgeous one pound North American nugget. Plus, you'll get to hear what a massive chunk of gold sounds like! (Two parts to the video.)
One pound Gold Nugget found with Minelab GPX metal detector

All the best,

Lanny

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's another North American beauty! (Copy and past the words below in a Youtube search.) It's got some definite drool power too.

[h=1]Eureka! Check Out This Huge Gold Nugget![/h]
All the best,

Lanny

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome.

That $ 30,000 hand full of nuggets in 2006 @ $600/0z, would be about $75,000 today.

That far north, I bet everything is a little pricey.

Awesome location, good post.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This thing is sure gorgeous! Not your typical, hammered flat slug type.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's something to make you specimen lovers lick your lips!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is a link to a little news broadcast about a huge nugget from Nevada county--massive chunk of North American gold--fun little view.

A Huge Gold Nugget Found - YouTube

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is the Philippines in North America? Nope, but the story about how this nugget got here is a very intriguing story nonetheless.

All the best as you enjoy this gorgeous nugget!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Now, you can't get more North American than Alaska. I hope you enjoy this historical video that showcases older placer methods (sluicing and hydraulic mining), but it's a video that has lots of sassy eye candy!

All the best,

Lanny

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Lanny I remember this piece. It actually was originally found in Austraila, and was trying to be passed off as a California piece. If I remember correctly, it was quite a stink.... Yup here ya go

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...gget-turns-out-to-actually-be-from-australia/

I imagine it costs a lot to get everything in there as it's certainly very remote. Thanks for dropping in.

All the best,

Lanny

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lanny I remember this piece. It actually was originally found in Austraila, and was trying to be passed off as a California piece. If I remember correctly, it was quite a stink.... Yup here ya go

Fake Claim: Huge California Gold Nugget Turns Out to Actually Be From Australia | TheBlaze.com

Rats--that stinks. Thanks for the clarification and for bringing it to my attention. I'll keep looking. The gold that gold maven was referring to that was valued at 30,000 dollars was the collection of nuggets in the Alaskan miner's hand from the very first video in this thread. So, you must be referring to this story: Eureka! Check Out This Huge Gold Nugget And, that's a shame that the story is a scam.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Regardless where it came from that is a HUNKA HUNKA NUGGETT:headbang:

You know what? That's a great way to remember it--thanks!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's a new video from Terry that has some beautiful gold from the USA, with a few from other places as well.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions