Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin fantastic!!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin' fantastic!!!

Unbelievable video of big North American gold nuggets + new finds, pics, videos added: a live thread, so please post your gold shots.
I'll add other videos or stills of big nuggety North American gold as I find them.

This video starts slow, but it's shot underground, so give it a while and then watch out that you don't have a freakin' heart attack!!

I hope you love looking at this as much as I did--every placer miner's dream come true. If you're a rookie, you'll get the fever bad watching this one. (To avoid any confusion, this is not my video, nor is it my clean-up, nor was I involved in any way--I found it by mistake after typing in a search word incorrectly [that's why I'd never found it before], but I sure do love it!!)

Almost 3,800 ounces in the last shot--fines are in the large plastic bags. 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle!

All the best,

Lanny

P.S. I posted it with my beginner's thread as well, but it's so great it deserves it's own place too.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Last edited:
Upvote 2
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry we only got out once last season due to restrictions, but hope to get some good gold this summer if the restrictions come off.

All the best to all of you that chase the gold,

Lanny
Get on out there but....... leave the truck at home!! Take care, buddy! ╦╦C

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I saw that video before . It was (???) about 30 years ago if I'm right and it was sent to me by owners (investment portfolio)of this mine for investment purposes . I think I still have it somewhere. Man did that ever bring back memories of the past ! THANK YOU ! I thought they closed up several years after I got their portfolio ??? the end of the video showed me that I was right about who they are and that I wasn't just a old man dreaming !:hello2:

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry we only got out once last season due to restrictions, but hope to get some good gold this summer if the restrictions come off.

All the best to all of you that chase the gold,

Lanny
Hey Lanny... Looks like pressure from the citizens has Alberta opening up? We are proud of you Canuks! Hope you guys can move around next season.
Here's some lower 48 gold all got with the 3 gold detectors in my sig......

Attachments

• 4 seasons.JPG
    4 seasons.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Lanny... Looks like pressure from the citizens has Alberta opening up? We are proud of you Canuks! Hope you guys can move around next season.
Here's some lower 48 gold all got with the 3 gold detectors in my sig......
Thanks for the picture! Great looking gold, nicely done.

All the best, always great to hear from you,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread