Mine dump.... a video

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry--Nice video to orient people on what a mine dump is. I remember when I was a little kid, and we were driving through the mountains of Montana between Helena and Butte--my mom was always pointing out mine dumps on the side of mountains to me, test pits, flumes, adits, etc.--they always intrigued her. Now, I'm sure that has something to do with why I'm involved in chasing the gold today, as at an early age I was made aware that people had been digging in the dirt many, many years before my birth and that there was something exciting in those mountains to be found. She was absolutely right! (Just imagine how different things would be for me today if I'd have had my eyes glued to a video screen while we were passing through those mountains!!)

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Last edited:

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Lanny,

If pointing out tailings and old mining sights is all it takes to build interest in mining, my wife should really have her interests peaked. Nope she basically tells me to shut up and quit pointing at rocks and watch the road..lol
Glad you had someone to spurr ya on like that, it has obviously paid off, how many nuggets have you given your mother.. Lanny, please dont take offence to me mentioning your mother, much respect to all mothers out their. Happy hunting and hope your someplace warm finding lots of gold.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When we were active, my better half and I would plan on an avg of a least double the time to reach a destination in Nevada, as we both were always "side-searching" for dirt rds leading to "nowhere" and playing the game of "I can spot Antelope, Golden Eagle soaring, etc. faster than you!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread