Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matthews 1026,
You should contact the rec area or Tahoe NF to confirm what is up with Stevens Trail, I am not familiar with it.

Be advised you should be prepared for all types of weather as at this time of year Any Type of weather can happen, the weather service is unreliable. The air will be moist due to being close to the river so the cold will leak right through your clothing as it absorbs more moisture and then of course your body is giving off moisture as well. Dress warm, have some sort of cover for the night, tarp or tent, and remember the water will be cold and it is running high. One little mistake on your part and you will be in the water and the cold will knock you out in ~ 15 minutes. Being swept into rocks at a fast rate of speed is No Fun and that alone can kill you. I've know of a fellow who went into the NFAR for opening day of trout season, they found his body towards the end of summer way down river and it was not pretty!

It should be beautiful out there but be careful!.................63bkpkr

OP
OP
matthews1026

matthews1026

Jan 1, 2013
Elverta, CA
Thanks for the info...I wasnt planning on camping out there until spring time...too cold right now...never to early to start planning though. I was just wondering also if anyone has had any luck out there? I know its a 4 mile hike I think and even though its a popular trail do many miners take it with all there gear?

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the info...I wasnt planning on camping out there until spring time...too cold right now...never to early to start planning though. I was just wondering also if anyone has had any luck out there? I know its a 4 mile hike I think and even though its a popular trail do many miners take it with all there gear?
upriver is of Steven Trail is all WILD AND SENIC RIVER and yes you may pan recreationly as far as your legs are inclined to take you. Keep in mind after stevens if you continue upriver it will be a rough journey. And most time spent their will just be getting to know your way around that is not an easy place to get to know. As far as I know in my experiances that the NF American has gold all thru out its course. Hey I know of 3 drift mines that you could spit on from the trail!! and there are more then that if one wanted to look! there are men you will see more then once and year after year they are few but they are there. good luck and be safe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread