Looking for North Carolina sites to find GOLD!

SpiritbearNC

Jan 20, 2013
Taylorsville, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I have sampled gold in many rivers and creeks in western NC (mostly in Polk, Rutherford, and mcdowell counties) in fact I don't think I have found one yet that doesn't have some gold in it. So just start at any one creek you have access and pan away. I think you might be surprised at how much is still out there.

justjamie10

Jan 17, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I would appreciate any information about places in North Carolina to pan for gold or metal detect. I live near Taylorsville in the western part of the state. The research I've done leads me to believe there is gold in the area, just wonder if its worth going after and want to make sure its OK to look for. Any info would be appreciated.

I just started panning a couple months ago and have found gold here in the eastern part of NC. I have a friend with 50 acres of farm land and he lets me prospect out there. I have done some metal detecting and found some good little treasures. Also found a small pocket of gold within some blue clay in the bank of a creek. NC is where the 1st gold rush occurred and this state is loaded with it. Good luck on the hunt!

justjamie10

Jan 17, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started panning a couple months ago and have found gold here in the eastern part of NC. I have a friend with 50 acres of farm land and he lets me prospect out there. I have done some metal detecting and found some good little treasures. Also found a small pocket of gold within some blue clay in the bank of a creek. NC is where the 1st gold rush occurred and this state is loaded with it. Good luck on the hunt!

Also Crowders mountain and Uhwarrie are really nice places to pan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread