Finally found it!

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as most of you know, I am still just a greenhorn as far as prospecting goes. I have been covering lots of ground and taking lots o sample for the last 4 months in my little piece of paradise. Well today I decided to hike in along the creek and test pan some areas I had never seen. I dug and panned for a couple hours this morning, moving upstream every few pan fulls. All o a sudden I realize I am walking along on a gravel bar from when these couple small creeks were a raging force. Then I find a nice big hole someone left behind and the remains of a wooden framed sluice box, maybe 12"x40". So I decided to dig. I had no buckets with me, just a couple pans, a 1/4 classifier and a short handled #2 shovel. So I dug 2 pans at a time and panned them out 30 feet away. I probably panned 30 big full pans from this hole. Yes it's only one little piece, but it a nice little piece, and I found it by covering ground, reading maps, and studying the history of the area. I'll be back, hopeful next weekend with a couple buckets. Time to buy that sluice box I've been looking at. :-)

Attachments

• image-1462979276.jpg
    image-1462979276.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 340
  • image-1703094183.jpg
    image-1703094183.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 317
  • image-2892435610.jpg
    image-2892435610.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 307
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sample Pan Dan

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw an old episode of gold fever, back when Tom Massie was doing the show, he was using a little wood one, maybe 20"x12" give or take, all folded up and looked like one of the old fancy wood tool boxes...

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw an old episode of gold fever, back when Tom Massie was doing the show, he was using a little wood one, maybe 20"x12" give or take, all folded up and looked like one of the old fancy wood tool boxes...

Doesn't he still do the show?

OP
OP
Sample Pan Dan

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I believe it's someone else from the family now... Then again I don't have satellite, so I haven't seen it in a while. I think the video I'm referring to, is one of the full length episodes on their website.

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Read this thread thru and I must say congrats on that first piece. You are one piece ahead of me with that one. After I built my sluice I went and dug several buckets in the garden just to test it but there aint no gold in the garden lol. I cant wait for the weather to warm up and I will finally get to go out there and start digging in real pay dirt.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats on your first color. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread