Upvote 0

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have not tried it. I'm using Vortex Mat now. Can't say enough good things about it.

OP
OP
wa-au-nut

wa-au-nut

Dec 1, 2012
Marysville,Wa.
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My thought is to have different sluice beds for different conditions. Streams here on the wet side of Wa. have a few flat flakes and fly poop. Over the Hump has bigger gold up to pickers and nuggets. Use riffleless with expanded over UR on the west side and Riffles on the dryside. But wanted to know how it held up over time before I put out the bucks.

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
Where in WA are you located if you don't mind me asking? I've only been prospecting in this state a short time. Logged some desert hours though. And this may be a stupid question, but did you read the gold hog which mat to use section and their reviews?

OP
OP
wa-au-nut

wa-au-nut

Dec 1, 2012
Marysville,Wa.
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in Snohomish. I work some on the S.F. Nooksack up by Bellingham and up Stevens Pass way also the Raging Rv down by I-90. Then Club claims (WPMA)on Blewett Pass. I have watched the Vids thats why I'm interested.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have not used it but there are several guys on here that have and all say that it works really well. i think it would work great for what your doing but so would the Vortex Mat from what i've seen it grab's everything even the 100 mesh and smaller. good luck

chief701

Greenie
Jan 13, 2013
My dad bought one of the mini hogs. We love the mats. We live in Indiana fine gold here. We went with some friends yesterday they was using mat and riffles. We seamed catch more gold.

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
@chief how small were you catching?

I'm in island county myself. Hit open river last weekend, and we're working on hitting the sultan soon on wpma land. Good luck bud!

chief701

Greenie
Jan 13, 2013
I don't know how to gauge it. I say - 100 my dad friend was try explain it to me I just don't get it lol there was sum u had to use a jewelers loop to see The friend said that was good I hope that helps

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
if your catching -100 your doing good and catching all there is good luck.

Barndawg

Jan 14, 2011
Illinois (STL area)
Detector(s) used
Home made gold prospecting equipment of various types
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use the scrubber in the top 36" of my highbanker trommel and another 36" of razorback in a back up sluice and I find VERY little in the razorback. I have run material at the Mississippi river near St. Louis and have found talc powder size gold and smaller. - 100 for sure. I swear by it! Awesome stuff and well worth the investment.

chief701

Greenie
Jan 13, 2013
Barndawg what kind of trommel are u running. Been looking at them on Internet think about buying one

OP
OP
wa-au-nut

wa-au-nut

Dec 1, 2012
Marysville,Wa.
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Think I'll give it a try. I'll order the UR mat and use it under my expanded riffle less. Hope it holds up!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Over 2 year old thread.

I wish Crystal Payne would come back. :(

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately I think it was hijacked and turned into an ad.
I've requested it be removed.
Doc

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately I think it was hijacked and turned into an ad.
I've requested it be removed.
Doc

edited I think, if I got the right one.
Sorry ! Since the OP asked & especially since you are a supporting Vendor,
I'm confused on the complaint :icon_scratch:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, the link didn't even go to Doc's online store, it went to someone else...a sort of a mining Rick-roll! Thanks Jeff!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread