TO ALL THE PROFESSIONAL HERES ONE FOR YOU!

r4real

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TO ALL THE PROFESSIONAL HERE'S ONE FOR YOU!

This one is a hard one for all the true PROFESSIONAL is this specimen,

A: Chalcopyrite ??
B: Iron pyrite ??
C: Gold ??
D: Mica ??
E: Hematite ??
Or
F: All of the above ??

And why did you come to this conclusion?

Answer:

Hint: Weight of specimen = 84.25 grams and it has the measurements of 2" 3/4 L - 2" 1/4 W

Good Luck!
Thanks!

IMG_20130208_162320.jpg

Upvote 1

LP13

Dec 31, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I think he already said somewhere it was gold, but I don't buy that. I don't know for sure one way or another but it's very possible that he doesn't truly know himself, not knowing the guy personally. Or perhaps he truly believes it's gold. If it is gold I would love to see it in person to see better what it looks like, because pictures don't always come out good.

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

This thread is a waste of our time folks. We have been jacked around long enough !

It's cruel to do this to people.

Frankly, I hope the Admins decide to close it down.

ToddB64

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I feel bad for anyone still taking this thread seriously, so here

The shiny stuff is gold. The not-shiny stuff is rock

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130310_084248.png
    ForumRunner_20130310_084248.png
    188 KB · Views: 102
  • ForumRunner_20130310_084316.png
    ForumRunner_20130310_084316.png
    202.9 KB · Views: 108

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ps. The one with more gold weighs .9 dwt, and the other is .7 dwt

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is a waste of our time folks. We have been jacked around long enough !

It's cruel to do this to people.

Frankly, I hope the Admins decide to close it down.

ToddB64

read the whole thread Todd he already gave his answer and those of us here that know what we're talking about have called him on it....
Now theres four pieces wow......by his calculations he is up to + 100k sheesh.....

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

read the whole thread Todd he already gave his answer and those of us here that know what we're talking about have called him on it....
Now theres four pieces wow......by his calculations he is up to + 100k sheesh.....

Hi pvillehunter........Yeah I know. He gave his answer in the following post.

"well how about all post up all my specimens then we will see whos laughing k bud!!!! the platinum palladium gold nugget, I have two of and the gold in quartz I have two of as well so stay tooned there terry yer gunnnnna wanna see this i guess right, And my gemologist in winnipeg confirmed exactly what they are and he sent me to the university to get an assey done........ so we know whats in it we just dont know how much of what is in it......... lol pyrite gimme a break !! thanks r4real When i showed the jeweller he asked if i inherited the mine too lol!! cha ching"

Overnight, I thought some more about my post #102 and came to the conclusion that I was probably too hard on the guy inferring he was being cruel (I will make an apology.)

However, when I did that post, I was aware he had given the answer previously, however, giving him the benefit of a doubt, maybe his intentions were good.

But really, when a person sets up a guessing game with multiple choices, I believe the normal procedure is to include the correct answer in the list of choices and he didn't. So I was getting irritated thinking about that, plus how everybody's time had been used, including my own !

Thanks for your reply. :thumbsup:

ToddB64

Last edited:

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi r4real,

After thinking about it overnight, I decided to "man up" and apologize for my post #102.

No hard feelings I hope ! :wink:

ToddB64

OP
OP
R

r4real

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still all a bunch of BS. No matter how you slice it. The most valuable specimen you would have IF it was real and ALL platinum would put the value at somewhere in the ballpark of $4000. So whoever told you $80,000 ... well go take advantage of that sucker immediately! :laughing7:

Your story changes at will. You are forgetting to read your own posts and replies. I asked you if you had an assay done and you said that you had not. No assay no value. Unless you can tell what metals are which by taste ;(

and this whole 'identify by picture' thing is ridiculous to begin with ... here's my point...
Which one of these pictures is a palladium nugget ;(

View attachment 752708 View attachment 752709 View attachment 752710

So which one is palladium ... with the exception of gold and copper, all other metals are too similar in most cases to differentiate by looks, since all of them are essentially silver-white in color.
first is braggite which is a composition of platinum/palladium/nickel with platinum being around 60% palladium around 20%

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread