Gold in Sacramento? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Gold in Sacramento?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2009
    Grainte Bay
    Coinmaster/Di
    158 times
    Gold in Sacramento,hell yes. from Sac. to Folsom there use to be piles of rock along the American river from dredges most have been flatten and homes built on them. Back in the day when I was young there was a large dredge on south sunrise ave by the Dougless rocket plant the hole is still there. Now I drive 15 min from my home in Orangevale to a small creek near Miners ravine always find gold mostly fine but some times little nugs! My spot is on a old friends land 135 acres, sometimes its not what you know its who you know.
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Jul 2012
    colfax, ca
    Garrett gtax 400
    181 times
    Prospecting
    Brasseagle: the problem is that teichart and aerojet own all the land that is good for prospecting along 50 corridor. Have tou ever worked the little creek flowing throuhh miners ravine park? Glad you know someone with private property! I have always wanted to explore the housing developments along auburn-folosm rd.

Feb 2013
    18 times
    Has anyone out there tried my aforementioned creek.
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Mar 2009
    Grainte Bay
    Coinmaster/Di
    158 times
    Are you talking about the little park off Auburn-Folsom just past Douglas on the left. if so yes. That is Miners ravine Don"t go to Rancho Murietta bridge you can"t park there anymore I use to live in the old Grandlee ranch home with the river in my back yard before it was Rancho Murietta
    Aufisher likes this.

Feb 2013
    18 times
    I'm talkin about gold creek under gold creek bridge in orangevale on orangevale ave.
    Aufisher likes this.

Feb 2013
    18 times
    Oh your talkin to 419 , sorry didn't read the post above yours
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Mar 2009
    Grainte Bay
    Coinmaster/Di
    158 times
    I have been here. if you park on the right side you can go down to the creek and follow it all the way to negro bar. not much gold down there. it has a deep ravine and is hard to work. there used to be minning camp along there a good place to metal deteck

us
    Jul 2012
    colfax, ca
    Garrett gtax 400
    181 times
    Prospecting
    Dan: no, nevrr trird that creek. Is it the same one that runs through shady oaks disc golf course?

us
    Jan 2013
    Cottonwood, CA
    96 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by BrassEagle View Post
    ....... Don"t go to Rancho Murietta bridge you can"t park there anymore I use to live in the old Grandlee ranch home with the river in my back yard before it was Rancho Murietta
    I was just looking at all those no parking signs on google maps last night. Bummed me out as I was hoping on stopping there Fri. Gold creek bridge looks easy to get to. Same with miners park.

Looking at all the dredging piles all over sac is pretty impressive. I see them everywhere. You get the impression there's not alot of land they didn't dredge that's for sure. Maybe work those areas next to the old taillings? Find some spots they missed? I see some interesting spots around mississippi bar and further down. Wonder how far away from the river they actually dredged.
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Mar 2009
    Grainte Bay
    Coinmaster/Di
    158 times
    they dredge right up to the bluffs on the north side and a mile or so on the south side what they missed was large nugs
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Jan 2013
    Cottonwood, CA
    96 times
    Prospecting
    Wow, just looking at that area from white rock road to 50. That's a lot of dirt moved around.

How about Willow creek in folsom?

us
    Jul 2012
    colfax, ca
    Garrett gtax 400
    181 times
    Prospecting
    Those old bucket line dredges made their own waterways, just google map missippi bar or sunset and main to see the way they cut into the river bank and cut their own channels. if I evrr get a gold bug 2 or gmt I think I ll go search over the tailing piles out there.
    Goodyguy likes this.

us
    Jan 2013
    Cottonwood, CA
    96 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by 419GottaMinute View Post
    Those old bucket line dredges made their own waterways, just google map missippi bar or sunset and main to see the way they cut into the river bank and cut their own channels. if I evrr get a gold bug 2 or gmt I think I ll go search over the tailing piles out there.
    Mississippi bar is all park right? So it would be okay to pan and detect? I like the look of those tailings.

us
    Jul 2012
    colfax, ca
    Garrett gtax 400
    181 times
    Prospecting
    Sid: yes to panning, no to detectoring, I believe. Never seen any law enforcement out there anyway, as far as following the rules. Most parks along there are "pans and hands" only, no shovels, motorized, electric prospecting allowed...

us
    Mar 2009
    Grainte Bay
    Coinmaster/Di
    158 times
    If you detect the tailing piles look for what was a clay balls they pick up nugs and took them out of the sluice box and drop then on the tailing piles
    Last edited by BrassEagle; Feb 19, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
    Aufisher and bedrock bubba like this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links