Hookah system

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nothing wrong with the china motors so long as you re-tighten all the bolts after you run for a while. The 2.5 HP is just fine as the T-80 only needs about 3/4 HP to drive it. I dont know why you would want to spin the motor or the pump at 4500 rpm as mentioned in previous post. You will overheat and wear out motor and pump. The optimum pump rpm is 1800 and since you have more than enough HP in the motor, put a larger pulley on it so you can slow it down and still keep the pump at 1800....quieter and less fuel.

20141223_193942 (Medium).jpg
20141223_193750 (Medium).jpg

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brandon , bring it over and ill assemble it for you!:) heck ill even throw in a steak and a cool beverage to boot!:) since I cant get out without a lot of pain , this will give me something todo in the meantime!:)

I appreciate the offer but aren't you in Missouri or some place? That's a bit of a drive for me I think. The steak and cold beverage might make it worth it though, hmmm:) lol

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I appreciate the offer but aren't you in Missouri or some place? That's a bit of a drive for me I think. The steak and cold beverage might make it worth it though, hmmm:) lol

:):) well you got me there , BUT the offer stands! :) whats a mear trip of a thousand miles or so , when a friend offers to help you out and offers a steak and a cold beverage to boot!:)

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice builds guys. :)

Here is my 6.5hp Predator hookah setup. The engine is on the big side for a stand alone hookah setup, I will be looking to get the 3.5hp engine later as I can use this 6.5hp with another project.
The Predator motors are really great for the price and if taken care of will last as long as a Honda.

IMG_9166.JPG

IMG_9169.JPG

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I blaming Brandon for planting the seed in my head on this I might as well share the results. I had an almost new T80 sitting around when he revived this thread and have been wanting a snipping rig too. I was looking at Harbor Freight and they had 3.5 hp knock off motors on sale for $99 and $6 ship, throw in a 20% coupon and that's a $79 motor. A quick call to Armadillo in Grants Pass and I had a new P2 base plate for it. Looking forward to trying it out

ratle

Holly cow are these things thrifty on fuel use! I went a head and did the 3 hour break in test, it used barely a little over a single tank of fuel! granted I was in the low to mid range RPMS but dang I thought that was still very good. Thanks Neo for pointing out the break in part in your video, I missed that sentence in the directions. I thought all motors these came broke in these days. Also sorry I didn't put the two different screen names together.

ratled

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No problem and its ok. :)

NeoTokyo is a long ways away from CrainRacing lol

This is me: Eric Crain - CrainRacing - NeoTokyo

I have used all three since the late 90's and can be found on several Mustang forums, a couple photography forums, a Chevelle Forum, Explorer and Ford Truck forums, Racing groups and tech forums. I have gotten around a lot. lol
I have a couple other random screen names that I use but if I plan on staying anywhere for a long while then I will use one of the three.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread