Anyone using the new 2013 Gold Hog Mat //// What is working combination

gtxkid

Feb 10, 2013
Pueblo CO and Pensacola FL
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro 6X10 DD and 4X6 DD coils and coil covers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am going to build a sluice for Colorado and need some feed back on Gold Hog Mat.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Flair that runs into sluice.
First foot or so of sluice i was going to leave bare.
Then i wanted to use a 1 foot of Gold Hog Scrubber Mat.
After that i was thinking of 3 feet of Razor back then a foot of something like UR Mat at the end.???
OH and where can i slip in some of that New 2013 Mat.

I need to know how to not glue it down permanent so that i can swap out different mat combinations.:icon_scratch:

Anyone that has comments please do.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brandx

Oct 23, 2012
Box Elder County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found some time to run a little dirt from my trip. Ran half of a 2 1/2 gallon bucket. Looking forward to running the rest when I have some more time.
rerun.jpeg

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell yes to the 3 day weekends! That gold hog mat looks great. Just curious why you didn't throw your cons in the crash box?

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hell yes to the 3 day weekends! That gold hog mat looks great. Just curious why you didn't throw your cons in the crash box?

The crash box has a lip and the pump at home doesn't flow enough to properly clear the crash box out. The pump out in the field can, but it's too much water for the matting so we feed it the same way in the field. Catch 22 lol

Bnell

Dec 19, 2012
Sopchoppy Fl
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To use and conserve your scrap mat gorrila glue your scrap end to end. And you will have scrap left over,use it. If you miss cut your mat glue it end to end and cut to size again. Just take your time wiht it and match all of the grooves together. Had one miss match with ur mat (scrap) and taped together and mailed back to doc and didn't hear back from him. This was just before or during his flood and i think some other problems that he had came up. I'm not crazy about taping the edges of the hog mat and have glued another 1/8"+ to rb in stage 3 of my dredge. A very snug fit which is pressed to the bottom of the sliuce. No material running down the edges or under the mat. Just my 2 cnets worth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread