Free PayDirt Sample, Did I just hit the Motherload of all Motherloads? I think Not

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello My Fellow Gold Diggers I hope all is well!

A month ago I ordered a sample of Pay dirt(I'm not going to say where). I told myself why not its free. So yesterday there it was in my mailbox, I must say I was a little excited. We have had terrible rain and I haven't been prospecting since Talladega.. We all know how that went. So I do a little Gold Digger dance and pour the contents in my pan. What I received was shocking and unbelievable, I received about a 2 grams of paydirt and Below is what I found.

felix Pay dirt .JPG

If I received 3 nice looking Pickers from 2 grams of paydirt, what would I get if I ordered the 2lb back (@ $100+)of Paydirt? I could also order the Case Special for a 22lb bag at @$1100, maybe even the 51Lbs @ $2200
Look FELIX, I may have been born at night, but not last night!

I can honestly say this infuriates me:BangHead:, to a newbie this is so misleading. I couldn't imagine what I would have thought if I received this in the mail before I went prospecting on my own, I would have been very disappointed with my results. The Chances of Finding that much gold in 2 grams of Paydirt is not realistic in my mind. I would think that if his paydirt is that rich he would be mining the hell out of it! Am I right or am I wrong?

Let me say this, While on vacation I bought Paydirt from Crisson Gold Mine and Gold N Gem Grubbin, that is where I received the Lethal Dose of Gold Fever! I had never panned before and at Crisson they showed us how to do it, and I had a blast. That Bag was $60, and a Ton of fun! We stopped at Gold N Gem on the way home to get some Pay Dirt ($30)for the kids and to purchase the Gem Bucket, that way they could see what their parents were up to all week long. So all together that was $90 and in total I received .65 grams of Gold (which is realistic, in my mind). In no way did I get my money back, but I learned how to pan which is a necessity in this hobby.
This is what I found from both of those places
Gold Heart.jpg

Now I don't know if I should thank them or curse them out for the Gold Fever, the jury is still out on that one.

So just a little heads up, I have family coming in for my Dirty 30 Birthday Bash in Mid March. Why am I telling you this, well My Sister and 2 cousins want me to take them prospecting. Dusty wants no part of this, and I cant say I blame him. After all I am forcing him to live with all of us for 4 days and on 1 of those days he is taking us all out to my Birthday Party. So this is going to be interesting and will be my next thread. I am not sure where I am taking them yet, they do not want to buy the concentrates. They said they want to do it the real way! God help me, God help where ever we decide to go! I have no doubt we will have a blast, but I am not sure there is a gold prospecting place that can handle all of us! I already have the "Gold Digger in Training" Tshirts ready to be made, 4 Girls only 1 with a little bit of experience. What could possibly go wrong, I cant wait to write about it!

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:
Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, this thread certainly takes the fun out of my little free bag of dirt.

I suppose I could expect to find 3 small pieces in it now can't I - - - - - -

Ruined that surprise didn't y'all?

(I kinda figured that when I ordered it though)

OP
OP
crystalpayne

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL Im sorry!!!!!!!!

Well, this thread certainly takes the fun out of my little free bag of dirt.

I suppose I could expect to find 3 small pieces in it now can't I - - - - - -

Ruined that surprise didn't y'all?

(I kinda figured that when I ordered it though)

OP
OP
crystalpayne

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats awesome!

Crystal I got the same sample but I received 4 specks! Woohoo. I have to add that I don't prospect and have never panned but I knew it was salted. Btw I used a plastic cereal bowl (the wavy kind with a built in straw) to pan it....lol.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crystal im curious where do you do your prospecting at?

peterdleblanc

Feb 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So up front I have never bought pay dirt, but common sense would tell me that they make money on every bag. Pay dirt from what I can tell is for someone to learn how to pan for gold. Either because they don't have gold in there area or they just want dirt that is known to have gold to practice on. As far as Felix giving away samples I think it's a great idea, quick poke around it seems there is 3 or 4 small pickers in each sample bag with pure blond sand for super easy panning. It's enough colour to peek someone's interest in prospecting. If that person thinks they can make a profit by panning concentrates well I guess they will have to learn a valuable life lesson. With that said I just order a free sample. I got my gold pans xmas, Ground is covered in snow, river's full of ice at the moment. Spots I can go right now are pretty limited. I take those 3 flakes toss them in a bucket of sample dirt I dug from the creek and will get some practice in finding something other then bird shot. I am pleased as pie someone is willing to send me a free sample to practice with until the snow is off the ground. Thanks Felix, good deal for 2.00 I will take it :).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread