Free PayDirt Sample, Did I just hit the Motherload of all Motherloads? I think Not

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello My Fellow Gold Diggers I hope all is well!

A month ago I ordered a sample of Pay dirt(I'm not going to say where). I told myself why not its free. So yesterday there it was in my mailbox, I must say I was a little excited. We have had terrible rain and I haven't been prospecting since Talladega.. We all know how that went. So I do a little Gold Digger dance and pour the contents in my pan. What I received was shocking and unbelievable, I received about a 2 grams of paydirt and Below is what I found.

felix Pay dirt .JPG

If I received 3 nice looking Pickers from 2 grams of paydirt, what would I get if I ordered the 2lb back (@ $100+)of Paydirt? I could also order the Case Special for a 22lb bag at @$1100, maybe even the 51Lbs @ $2200
Look FELIX, I may have been born at night, but not last night!

I can honestly say this infuriates me:BangHead:, to a newbie this is so misleading. I couldn't imagine what I would have thought if I received this in the mail before I went prospecting on my own, I would have been very disappointed with my results. The Chances of Finding that much gold in 2 grams of Paydirt is not realistic in my mind. I would think that if his paydirt is that rich he would be mining the hell out of it! Am I right or am I wrong?

Let me say this, While on vacation I bought Paydirt from Crisson Gold Mine and Gold N Gem Grubbin, that is where I received the Lethal Dose of Gold Fever! I had never panned before and at Crisson they showed us how to do it, and I had a blast. That Bag was $60, and a Ton of fun! We stopped at Gold N Gem on the way home to get some Pay Dirt ($30)for the kids and to purchase the Gem Bucket, that way they could see what their parents were up to all week long. So all together that was $90 and in total I received .65 grams of Gold (which is realistic, in my mind). In no way did I get my money back, but I learned how to pan which is a necessity in this hobby.
This is what I found from both of those places
Gold Heart.jpg

Now I don't know if I should thank them or curse them out for the Gold Fever, the jury is still out on that one.

So just a little heads up, I have family coming in for my Dirty 30 Birthday Bash in Mid March. Why am I telling you this, well My Sister and 2 cousins want me to take them prospecting. Dusty wants no part of this, and I cant say I blame him. After all I am forcing him to live with all of us for 4 days and on 1 of those days he is taking us all out to my Birthday Party. So this is going to be interesting and will be my next thread. I am not sure where I am taking them yet, they do not want to buy the concentrates. They said they want to do it the real way! God help me, God help where ever we decide to go! I have no doubt we will have a blast, but I am not sure there is a gold prospecting place that can handle all of us! I already have the "Gold Digger in Training" Tshirts ready to be made, 4 Girls only 1 with a little bit of experience. What could possibly go wrong, I cant wait to write about it!

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:
Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crystal... the pic is not showing up.... yet. TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crystal's been bit, and she now has the FEVER
Her family's coming; if they don't find gold,
On the side of the road they will LEAVE HER! TTC

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait to read about it :). I bet you gals will have fun where ever you go. Love your enthusiasm. The gold feaver I got was when I found the 8.8 grams, 14k ring in the park with my Bounty Hunter Elite 2200.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I understand, typically if you pay $100.00 for a bag of paydirt you should expect to get around $50 worth of gold or less in it.
Better to just buy the gold separately, and add your own dirt to practice panning.

GG~

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you mad because you found three pickers in two grams of sample??? What am I missing??? Maybe not enough coffee yet8-)

OP
OP
crystalpayne

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No I am mad, because if I didn't know better it would be very misleading! Hell I could invest my savings into his paydirt thinking it was that rich.

Are you mad because you found three pickers in two grams of sample??? What am I missing??? Maybe not enough coffee yet8-)

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea,I am not followin ya?
How do you know Felix,isnt "mining the hell out of it"?Pretty sure he likely is?

I know nothing about his operation,or anybodies for that matter,but I do sell a little extra dredge concentrate from time to time,and I do not salt.I go off averages and it can,and has bit me in the azz....usually to the buyers benefit....what I gather is you would be disapointed if that was the case?I know there are some folks ya just cant make happy,but I have never been chewed out for somebody getting too much gold!!!!Oh,yea.....and I sure hope I get to get back into the hole I was in last year(should know more today)so I can continue to "mine the hell out of it!!!

Goodguy,were you disappointed with my cons?
I ask this publicly because I dont want any hidden opinions on my product....all usually gets posted is that people really enjoyed it

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I am mad, because if I didn't know better it would be very misleading! Hell I could invest my savings into his paydirt thinking it was that rich.

Crystal....are you understanding what "paydirt",usually is?Again,I cant speak about anybody else,but my Paydirt is concentrate(that is all the heaviest,richest stuff from the cleanup)Its not what somebody scooped out of a creek crevice.The downside to true concentrates is that they are full of blacksands and can be a challenge for some beginners to pan....if you arent getting blacksands........you are getting salted flow sand

OP
OP
crystalpayne

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes I know what it is, but literally I received 2 grams of it and got 3 big pickers. All tan sand no Black sand. Is his paydirt that Rich?
Crystal....are you understanding what "paydirt",usually is?Again,I cant speak about anybody else,but my Paydirt is concentrate(that is all the heaviest,richest stuff from the cleanup)Its not what somebody scooped out of a creek crevice.The downside to true concentrates is that they are full of blacksands and can be a challenge for some beginners to pan....if you arent getting blacksands........you are getting salted flow sand

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I purchased a bag of Kugers Paydirt a while back, just to knock the rust off. Glad to say that Kuger lost money on that transaction and I came out ahead.
Thanks again Kuger.

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ask this publicly because I dont want any hidden opinions on my product....all usually gets posted is that people really enjoyed it

I haven't ever purchased any of your cons. But would very much like to :icon_thumright:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I would guess that the sampler is a teaser, like most retailers do. If he was giving away more than what he charges for, he wouldn't be in business very long. Most of these providers sell dirt, and they put a percentage of gold in the dirt. I think if you take it for it's entertainment value, you will not be disappointed, if you think you will make money, you are up for a let down. There are exceptions, seen many examples of Kugers dirt and it was quite profitable, but even he does not know with certainty how much it will hold. I bought a 10.00 bag for my sister for Christmas and dang if it didn't have as much gold as the pay I salted. I guess gold is where you find it:icon_scratch:

Attachments

• IMAG0309.jpg
    IMAG0309.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 406

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I know what it is, but literally I received 2 grams of it and got 3 big pickers. All tan sand no Black sand. Is his paydirt that Rich?

again I dont know anything about his op,but I suspect that is salted dirt and that was bait....just my honest opinion

Thank you Grey Cloud,you werent alone....but there were people that didnt get what they paid for as well.I like to hear good or bad,so if I need to adjust anything I can

Last edited:
OP
OP
crystalpayne

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kuger

I clearly am not talking about your paydirt or paydirt in General, I am talking about Felix's Paydirt Free Sample he sent me. Felix swears his paydirt is not Salted. I find that hard to believe anyone can send me 2 grams of Paydirt and I get 3 pickers out it. I am not concerned about me, I am concerned with someone not being able to do the math. Felix would be a pretty stupid business man to sell paydirt for 100 bucks that is worth 500. I don't buy concentrates now I know how to go out and prospect. But there is no judgment for the people who do, I think a honest company is needed out their for future prospectors. I did research on him and he has very bad reviews.

Yea,I am not followin ya?
How do you know Felix,isnt "mining the hell out of it"?Pretty sure he likely is?

I know nothing about his operation,or anybodies for that matter,but I do sell a little extra dredge concentrate from time to time,and I do not salt.I go off averages and it can,and has bit me in the azz....usually to the buyers benefit....what I gather is you would be disapointed if that was the case?I know there are some folks ya just cant make happy,but I have never been chewed out for somebody getting too much gold!!!!Oh,yea.....and I sure hope I get to get back into the hole I was in last year(should know more today)so I can continue to "mine the hell out of it!!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kuger

I clearly am not talking about your paydirt or paydirt in General, I am talking about Felix's Paydirt Free Sample he sent me. Felix swears his paydirt is not Salted. I find that hard to believe anyone can send me 2 grams of Paydirt and I get 3 pickers out it. I am not concerned about me, I am concerned with someone not being able to do the math. Felix would be a pretty stupid business man to sell paydirt for 100 bucks that is worth 500. I don't buy concentrates now I know how to go out and prospect. But there is no judgment for the people who do, I think a honest company is needed out their for future prospectors. I did research on him and he has very bad reviews.

:icon_thumright: Chrystal,I know you werent talkin about me,I was just wanting to get clarification on what you were not happy about.This is by far no kind of business for me,and since I have let some dirt go through the years has been a HUGE learning process about people.....I strive to be honest and trust in people....if you arent happy with my product I will give ya a 1 lb free,you just pay the shipping.I am at the mercy of the buyer,and I have been taken advantage of...so be it...again,this isnt a business for me(good thing,as I dont even know if I will have any this year)

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crystal, I completely understand your post and what you are saying. The three little pickers is just Felix way of marketing his product. He's sure not going to send everybody a little bag of blond sand.

edited to add the last two sentences that didn't upload on first reply hit.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions