Claim jumpers

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Hi all
Its spring again and i have a claim due in 2 weeks.
Its only 2 units and is nothing to renew it, but i have a issue with claim jumpers. This has been going on for years and it pisses me off. :censored:
This time i fear they will hide the ore vein for good :icon_scratch: and I want to do something about it.
I also want to get my TN buddies involved so get ready for a new and very hot topic.
The reason i say this is because the ceo for the company doing the claimjumping is a guy who was claimjumpping me years ago.
He was useing his road building company to prospect my other claim.
He eventually got fired from wharehouser's logging company because his brother owned the road building company..
It gets better, His other brother is the BC minister of mines.

This other fourm has a topic i started last year.
need advise about a type of claim jumping in General Discussion Forum b
Ill copy the posts i put on it and paste them here if you guys want.

Tomorrow we go see what they have done to the ore vein, I bet they will bury it beyond what i can dig out.

hmmm
as ted says , it will be epic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John is that a location or yearly assessment work posted on the tree

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Surely they have Laws in BC to protect Miner's interest and their' claims like we have here in the "General Mining Act of 1872"! If not, I believe the end of a large caliber rifle has a lot of infuence on those doing others wrong.

Frank

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS-Claim jumping is when a dirty dog overfiles on your claims and tries to steal them. When a dog wanders around stealing , it is high grading-2 completely different slimy animals-John

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PS-Claim jumping is when a dirty dog overfiles on your claims and tries to steal them. When a dog wanders around stealing , it is high grading-2 completely different slimy animals-John

Thanks for clearing that up John. I guess TV and movies have given folks a different idea these days. Kind of like that BS they teach in California schools that hydraulic mining was banned (it never happened, still legal today).

Claim jumping was (and still is) something lawyers and slimedog paper thieves do. When someone has a good producing claim and tries to take it into production it's not uncommon for the lawyers to show up and start filing suits saying their clients were there first. They hold up production by getting court orders to keep everyone from mining the claim until the suit is settled. They then keep the suit in court with motions and delays until the real miner goes broke or gives up. That's claim jumping. Been going on forever.

I know for some of you this tactic sounds familiar. The State of California DFW has been using this tactic for years. Sadly the miner's lawyers often go along for the free ride. The longer the whole thing stays in court and the more motions and delays the more money the lawyers on both sides make. Claim jumping is something lawyers do - not miners. Lawyers and miners are not friends - no matter who is trying to pick your pocket for them. :laughing7:

When another prospector steals from your claim that's highgrading - not claim jumping.

I think it's important we understand what these and other mining terms mean. If we don't know the real meaning of mining terms we can't learn from the past. If we can't learn from the experience of thousands of years of mining knowledge we will always be left re-inventing the wheel over and over again while people like mining lawyers continue to take advantage of us. Let's learn from the past rather than trying to reinvent it.

Heavy Pans

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread