states that rival alaska

Jwoot

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive noticed that cheaper claims in Alaska on creeks have often been mined to death then you have some of the western states that allow dredging in some places and the claims are often much cheaper. Would you guys think a famous streams in Alaska that has been hit over and over for 100 years are usually that much better than one in say Colorado or Idaho that hasn't been dredged to death? Or do the Alaskan claims just carry the prestige and that's where the price comes in? I mean lets be honest here... most people in the US don't think of Idaho or Colorado when it comes to gold even though they had a huge Gold rush. Most average Americans are going to say Alaska or California and I bet that has a huge affect on the price of claims.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Jwoot

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Kenai Penninsula (my stomping grounds) is hit pretty hard just about anywhere access is reasonably easy since the good areas are less than a 2 hr drive from Anchorage (half the people in the state live in the greater Anchorage area). there are places you can dredge/highbank, just make sure you have the right permits (usually free) & are in the right season (on salmon streams the season is short, 6is weeks). Lots of the (good) areas close to the roads are claimed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions