Which State Has The Prettiest Gold ?

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
It all looks fantastic, but i noticed some states stand out more than others. The Carolinas produce some very handsome gold, as does Georgia. It's very bright and shiny. Dazzelling really. It sort of resembles gold leaf. California gold is gorgious too. I was rather disappointed with Colorado gold. The gold i found had a darkish ruddy brown hue to it that made it unappealing except for its monetary value. The BLM office in Cayon City features a piece of Australian gold in their display case instead of Colorado gold. Apparantly Australian gold beats theirs hands down. There are alot of states i haven't been to yet and i haven't seen their gold. What's your opinion ? Which state has the prettiest gold ? Feel free to disagree !

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image-3975866366.jpg
Here's proof that some gold in Colorado is pretty just as it comes out of a creek in metro Denver. The mention above is probably Arkansas River gold. Here in CO it really matters which watershed you are in!

OP
OP
T

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Glad to see so many prospectors value gold just as much for its asthetic quality as monetary value. It's sad whenever gold is just simply reduced to a dollar value. I get just as excited when i dig up prospecting relics, (pick heads, nails, parts of a sluice from the 1800's), as i do finding gold. Found a piece of that black gold in Colorado too. It was at Cache Creek.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
California by the pounds is always mo better-John

Attachments

• 100_0106.jpg
    100_0106.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 180
  • FIRES 2008.jpg
    FIRES 2008.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 158

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a pic of some of the gold I got last year here in Shasta County (Nor-Cal)

IMG_4685.jpg

Indianametal

Feb 19, 2013
west central indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ace250
My collection only has Indiana, Arizona, Cali, and Alaska. My Arizona doesnt have as much luster and also the Alaska and California are dull compared to the indiana. Howver i am sure this is just because the Indiana stuff has been smashed and squeezed through glaciers and is as near pure gold you are gonna find in nature.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Generally, the smaller the pieces and the longer it has been free of its source rock, the more pure the gold will be. This is due to base metals slowly oxidizing out of the gold alloy as it interacts with the environment over long time periods. Cool huh?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
heck i like it all! short,fat,tall,big,small,discolored,sqwished,and clumped together in 1 lb. conglomerits! yep i got the fever but the ole bones are saying whoooooooooooooooooooooa pardener!

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heck i like it all! short,fat,tall,big,small,discolored,sqwished,and clumped together in 1 lb. conglomerits! yep i got the fever but the ole bones are saying whoooooooooooooooooooooa pardener!

Lol it the older fellas like you sir that help us young bloods thank you

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One vial is from Ga, one is from Ca.... Which is which, which is prettier? Both are pretty as a peach to me. :-)

Attachments

• image-1880886290.png
    image-1880886290.png
    235.5 KB · Views: 79

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
185_8515.JPG OK, Ok, ok, you've all seen this picture a thousand times before but its the best I got as I'm not as "inspired" as Hoser John or NeoTokyo or many others here!! And yes it is NorCalifornia gold. Kevins is super pretty maybe it's the lighting, I assume all the light comes from the Sun Light reflecting off of his Big Smile cause its his gold. Some of the gold that has just the right metal content has such beautiful colors not exactly gold gold but not far from it, awfully pretty.

It is an amazing site to see the first time and every time, the thrill never goes away!........................63bkpkr

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scan_Pic0010.jpg

Maybe its the lighting, but this color looks fine to me. (Nor Cal Yuba River)

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang FullPan, that's purtty! A little more information here por favor! How long did that take to accumulate and you will really hurt me if you say only one two day period or less! Thank you........................63bkpkr

WOW! I just enlarged the picture and I can see all sort of faces in those nuggets: cat, elefant oh what fun! I'm a cheap date!!

Last edited:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL - Bet i'm a cheaper date than you! That was part of my portion for ten days sucking bedrock. I don't like to tell it took nearly 3 months to pack in, set up,
and get DOWN to bedrock.

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL - Bet i'm a cheaper date than you! That was part of my portion for ten days sucking bedrock. I don't like to tell it took nearly 3 months to pack in, set up,
and get DOWN to bedrock.

Even though it took 3 months to get that's some nice gold! A lot of people out there don't find stuff like that ;) How much is there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread