Which State Has The Prettiest Gold ?

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
It all looks fantastic, but i noticed some states stand out more than others. The Carolinas produce some very handsome gold, as does Georgia. It's very bright and shiny. Dazzelling really. It sort of resembles gold leaf. California gold is gorgious too. I was rather disappointed with Colorado gold. The gold i found had a darkish ruddy brown hue to it that made it unappealing except for its monetary value. The BLM office in Cayon City features a piece of Australian gold in their display case instead of Colorado gold. Apparantly Australian gold beats theirs hands down. There are alot of states i haven't been to yet and i haven't seen their gold. What's your opinion ? Which state has the prettiest gold ? Feel free to disagree !

Upvote 0

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N8 - my share was 4.5 ozs, but that pic was taken almost a year later, didn't weigh it. much less than 4 oz.

NJ - I still know some spots. :laughing7:

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK, Ok, ok, you've all seen this picture a thousand times before but its the best I got as I'm not as "inspired" as Hoser John or NeoTokyo or many others here!! And yes it is NorCalifornia gold. Kevins is super pretty maybe it's the lighting, I assume all the light comes from the Sun Light reflecting off of his Big Smile cause its his gold. Some of the gold that has just the right metal content has such beautiful colors not exactly gold gold but not far from it, awfully pretty.

It is an amazing site to see the first time and every time, the thrill never goes away!........................63bkpkr

You're right about my big smile!!!

Ps: this is a fun thread, thanks for all the pics everyone!

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oops I didn't post one!!! Here's some California gold! 1.25 ounces.

image-1054069135.jpg

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Georgia has the purest and best looking gold. I can spot Georgia Gold at a glance. Sweet.

mmelugin

Feb 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
California. I'll narrow it down to a specific mine too. The 16 to 1 out of allegheny

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL - Bet i'm a cheaper date than you! That was part of my portion for ten days sucking bedrock. I don't like to tell it took nearly 3 months to pack in, set up,
and get DOWN to bedrock.

Fullpan my hat is off to you and your mates - ten days of sucking and ~80days for everything else - really sounds like something I would do! That ~1/4 oz. took about a month of intermittent prospecting with a round trip drive of 350 miles for about 4 trips and I carried gear in and out each time. The fever makes us crazy! I did it for the adventure and the learning and there was a lot of both! Yours, I bet, was the same way and you might even do it again if someone offered you say, maybe a piece of home made chocolate cake iced of course. I would and am even without the cake. I've another month to exercise and diet and the first possible calendar time date for a backpack trip will exist. After that it will be another month of exercise/diet and then the second possible time for a prospecting trip will be with me. We will see what happens. Best of luck to you with your adventures!.......................63bkpkr

Last edited:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fullpan my hat is off to you and your mates - ten days of sucking and ~80days for everything else - really sounds like something I would do! That ~1/4 oz. took about a month of intermittent prospecting with a round trip drive of 350 miles for about 4 trips and I carried gear in and out each time. The fever makes us crazy! I did it for the adventure and the learning and there was a lot of both! Yours, I bet, was the same way and you might even do it again if someone offered you say, maybe a piece of home made chocolate cake iced of course. I would and am even without the cake. I've another month to exercise and diet and the first possible calendar time date for a backpack trip will exist. After that it will be another month of exercise/diet and then the second possible time for a prospecting trip will be with me. We will see what happens. Best of luck to you with your adventures!.......................63bkpkr

63bkpkr, I'd offer to be your wingman on your next outing, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't keep up:laughing7:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
California. I'll narrow it down to a specific mine too. The 16 to 1 out of allegheny

Yes, greatest specimen gold i've ever seen - was lucky to take the underground tour couple yrs back. Bought a couple cabochons at mine office (really small
cabs!!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread