LAW

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree New Mexico is laid back. You can look without filing, but take the chance of loosing your find if you do. As for a gold cube and running water, I don't have that problem here, no water. The State and BLM, National Forrest, Reservations, and Wildlife preserves all have their own rules. I have found the few rangers I have encountered very friendly and informative. The fines can be expensive and you are correct you could loose your equipment. While you have a nice investment there, I would suggest baby steps. Get with your friends at the GPAA first, then branch out from there. While BLM is muti use, private property all finds belong to the owner. You can get Forestry Service maps that will let you know where private property is. There is also gps maps available to keep you safe and legal. Its not as confusing as you would think. Now you have asked where to find gold???????Are you serious? At $600.00 bucks a ounce Im gonna tell you in the tot lots at the park lol. Good Luck.

OP
OP
homestead-hunter

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree New Mexico is laid back. You can look without filing, but take the chance of loosing your find if you do. As for a gold cube and running water, I don't have that problem here, no water. The State and BLM, National Forrest, Reservations, and Wildlife preserves all have their own rules. I have found the few rangers I have encountered very friendly and informative. The fines can be expensive and you are correct you could loose your equipment. While you have a nice investment there, I would suggest baby steps. Get with your friends at the GPAA first, then branch out from there. While BLM is muti use, private property all finds belong to the owner. You can get Forestry Service maps that will let you know where private property is. There is also gps maps available to keep you safe and legal. Its not as confusing as you would think. Now you have asked where to find gold???????Are you serious? At $600.00 bucks a ounce Im gonna tell you in the tot lots at the park lol. Good Luck.

$600 and ounce? Got any gold you wanna sell me??????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions