Bering Sea Gold--Why? (SPOILER if you didnt see last weeks episode)

BadgerGold

Mar 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bering Sea Gold--Why? (SPOILER if you didn't see last weeks episode)

I've seen several threads on one of my FAVORITE shows-Bering Sea Gold and wanted to ask my fellow prospectors, why do you think John Bunts killed himself? I'm going to watch tonight's episode and maybe they'll explain but I was SHOCKED when I learned it was him. I thought maybe it was Scott Meisterheim... Then again John did try and swim out to the dredge maybe had sort of a deathwish...

Let me know what you all think

-- Ben "BG"

Upvote 0

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is that he was having a fling with Zeke and caught Zeke and Emily doing wild thing and blew his wad I mean brains out.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah, doesn't make sense. He just had a good day dredging, was gonna get a nice payday, thanks to Zeke cutting Emily to 10%. Generous considering she's a noodle armed tender that fights with the boss continuously.

I figured it would be Steve Riedel, they were calling him a worm, he got fired, can't do anything right, late for work, the list is endless.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Badger: The young man had a head full of issues, and odds are high that no matter how long
we presume and prognosticate about "why" he took his own life, fact is the reasons are forever
lost with him.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alcohol and not raised right

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alcohol and not raised right

Last post I see says it all.

My guess so much alcohol in him, he thought he couldn't die.

Guess what !

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
........I have done my share of alcohol consumption back in the day,but I was taught at a very young age that a gun is not a toy,and although I did some downright crazy,stupid things I likely shouldnt have lied through,never did I decide it was a great idea to even handle a gun while drunk.I normally dont feel anything for somebody that goes out like that but I liked that kid from the first time I seen him.....that doesnt happen too often with me

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
From what i've seen of the show, it's a wonder EVERYBODY up there hasn't TRIED suicide at least once. Never seen such a bunch of miserable, dysfunctional and insane characters anywhere in my entire life. I used to dream about heading up to Alaska one day and doing some gold prospecting.. But Bering Sea Gold cured me of that idea. Six months with no wages and at the end of the season, a mere $16 grand paycheck and i gotta put up with those LUNATICS ? Noooo Waaaay.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how much the show pays them.

I don't know, but they couldn't pay me enough to get on a boat with any of the main characters.

GG~

OP
OP
B

BadgerGold

Mar 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
True that, I was amazed at how little Cody on the Christine Rose way paid for how much hard grueling work they have to do... And to have to put up with that weather AND the people on top of that?!? Noo waay

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL On Scott coming back to sell a motor he claimed didn't belong to him.
and he did it On TV :tongue3:

I take it there are no laws against Buying or selling stolen property in Alaska :laughing7:

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BadgerGold said:
I've seen several threads on one of my FAVORITE shows-Bering Sea Gold and wanted to ask my fellow prospectors, why do you think John Bunts killed himself? I'm going to watch tonight's episode and maybe they'll explain but I was SHOCKED when I learned it was him. I thought maybe it was Scott Meisterheim... Then again John did try and swim out to the dredge maybe had sort of a deathwish...

Let me know what you all think

-- Ben "BG"

He had a drinking problem. Everyone of those Alaskans have something strange about them, the water must do something to you. John was alittle wreckless young kid but I'm sure it goes a little deeper than we all know. I feel bad for him, had a long life ahead of him. Hate to see the young die young. Scott, not one of the brightest guys or nicest either. He gets what he deserves!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bearing Sea Gold - without all the Hollywood Hype!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes :headbang: That what I'm talkin' bout!
Much better craft than the "sluicy" that Ian used during the first season.

GG~

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
More of my kind of people for sure Buddy.
Serious Dredgers with a mission..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread