Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its a work in progress but the forum is done.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What about the rest of Michigan?

Mar 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm the primary guy putting the site together. It will probably cover all of MI. It is just going to take awhile before I have time to find all the information I need. If you know which GPAA/other prospecting groups are still active within MI I would like to know.

I was met with some resistance on their yahoo group page. I think the wording of my original message made them think I was trying to take over their web site or something.

I really just wanted the contact information and meeting information so I could put it in our calendar and link back to their site. Once I have more content put together and they see how the site works I think more local prospecting groups will be willing to participate.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds right, good luck with the new site. The MI folks are somewhat active on treasurenet.com including the GPAA group I think. Try there and thanks for covering all of MI!

OP
OP
mattfink

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm the primary guy putting the site together. It will probably cover all of MI. It is just going to take awhile before I have time to find all the information I need. If you know which GPAA/other prospecting groups are still active within MI I would like to know.

I was met with some resistance on their yahoo group page. I think the wording of my original message made them think I was trying to take over their web site or something.

I really just wanted the contact information and meeting information so I could put it in our calendar and link back to their site. Once I have more content put together and they see how the site works I think more local prospecting groups will be willing to participate.

Hope you don't mind that I put that link up ben.

Mar 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind that you posted it.

The original link is includes the smiley face code in the link. It still gets you to the site, but doesn't take you anywhere specific. Matt if you have time you should fix it. Google doesn't like 404 errors which is how it currently appears.

OP
OP
mattfink

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind that you posted it.

The original link is includes the smiley face code in the link. It still gets you to the site, but doesn't take you anywhere specific. Matt if you have time you should fix it. Google doesn't like 404 errors which is how it currently appears.

Yeah I saw that...when I get home I'll fix it I'm at work now.

OP
OP
mattfink

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
everything is ok now the link is fixed!!!! Sorry about that I should have checked my work. oops!!!

Last edited:

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks pretty good. Good info with alot of links for further info. When I have more time I will dig deeper into your site. I originally grew uo in NE South Dakota on the Minn/SD boarder so your site has a lot of interest for me.

B H Prospector

OP
OP
mattfink

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the kind words B H, Ben is doing an awesome job on this website and any info or ideas would be most apperciated especially eastern south dakota or north dakota......THANKS, MATT

Mar 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
State sub sites are active now. They are lacking content, but the framework will probably stay the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread