Lets play guess the weight while I wait for my scale.

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ordered a scale yesterday from Amazon.com: American Weigh Signature Series Black Digital Pocket Scale, 1000 by 0.1 grams: Kitchen & Dining and I am new so I have no Idea ??? what gold weighs in at or even close to by sight. So let's hear some guesses and the closest to guessing gets the following according to these rules:

Well This thread has taken on a life of its own!! Lets cover how close you have to be to win.
1. exact match wins if no exact match see #2
2. nearest guess either higher or lower to .1 wins
3. If tied with another the first guesser wins so be sure to submit your own unique value!!! Good Luck!!
I was just going to give honorable mention but I am thinking that I will throw in 5lbs of dry paydirt from the area that I am working. I will bring it back and ship it after my next trip so that the winner can get a look at the same gold up close. Winner covers shipping. Sound good?

20130326_093517.jpg 20130326_093614.jpg 20130326_093706.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....if I win(I am a little too high)next closest will take it :thumbsup:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FOUL, foul! You are asking that the guess be within .01 grams yet your scale resolutes to only .1 gram... but my guess is 1.21 grams. TTC

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about .33 grams. Did you pick up a calibration weight to go with it? I bought a scale similar to yours and it was off a few tenths from the factory.

OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
FOUL, foul! You are asking that the guess be within .01 grams yet your scale resolutes to only .1 gram... but my guess is 1.21 grams. TTC

Yep your right. I'm rounding off guesses I guess. Dang. Hmm well the scale is here and I'm drying the gold now..... but I'll wait one day to let everyone edit Their posts to the nearest .1gram. stay posted

OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmmmm hard to tell. It looks like a pretty small bottle and its fines. Just a crazy guess 0.57g

N8- your gonna have to bow out on this one. GoodGuy guessed .5g and Omnicron guessed .6g.

WINNER IS!!!!
20130328_210104.jpg

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: see how much bigger things appear under water?

CANUDIGGIT

Tenderfoot
May 25, 2012
Pendelton
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX Fisher1260 Bounty Hunter Whites pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have to say 36 gram's..

OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:laughing7: see how much bigger things appear under water?

Met my girlfriend skinnydipping in the hotsprings.... She was in love at first sight... HAHA She actually just got Lasic yesterday... Im in trouble LOL.

GoodGuy, pm me an address. I am going out tomorrow and I will bring back some dirt.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, I just saw Terry S guessed 1.2 so I was going to change mine in fairness to TS. NOT! Gold makes us all BAD! TTC

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N8- your gonna have to bow out on this one. GoodGuy guessed .5g and Omnicron guessed .6g.

WINNER IS!!!!
View attachment 767652

Woo Hooo!
What a lucky guess, good thing I took a closer look cuz my first impression was way off.

Pm sent with address for the pay dirt.
Thanks, that was a fun contest :icon_thumleft:

GG~

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Story of my life - screwed by a technicality.(see my guess on 1st page - .50grams) And rule 3. Think i'll give my environmental lawyer a call anyway. haha, just kidding!

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Story of my life - screwed by a technicality.(see my guess on 1st page - .50grams) And rule 3. Think i'll give my environmental lawyer a call anyway. haha, just kidding!

Hey Fullpan even though my guess was posted before yours I'll still split the prize with you 50/50 if you like :icon_thumleft:

GG~

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the offer, GG - but I was truly kidding with my comments. :laughing7:

P.S. - I've got a couple lbs of concentrates/paydirt from Capt Herb in 29 Palms that I doubt I'll ever get around to panning.

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the offer, GG - but I was truly kidding with my comments. :laughing7:

P.S. - I've got a couple lbs of concentrates/paydirt from Capt Herb in 29 Palms that I doubt I'll ever get around to panning.

Ok then, send it to me and I'll split the gold with you :tongue3:

OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Hey if you want some pm me your address. I'll give Ya the same deal. I'm going out tomorrow so I'll bring back a bucket or two. There are some guys back east that don't have gold near them and they need to practice panning so I'm giving them the same deal till the buckets are gone.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No thanks, doit - my health problems barely allow me to get to the bathroom on my own. It was a fun contest though, nice change of pace!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread