Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2013
buffalo ny
Detector(s) used
no detector - gold prospector
Primary Interest:
Other
gold.JPG

did some crevicing last weekend in the buffalo area on a small creek actually pulled up some flakes. anybody else around buffalo ny ever find anything?

Upvote 2

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well here is my cleanup for the day. Pretty good day actually, spent about 3 hours the panning the inside bend of the creek in Arcade NY. Still think im missing out on a ton of good gold cause I dont have a sluice yet. Need to get one asap! I seen this one I want, called a fox trap sluice. 36" and its great in faster water. Has a huge retreval rate andyou dont need to really classify down your material. So you can move alot of material fast and hopefully get me better results then just panning. Next year buying a dredge and going to really take this NY gold and put it on the map. Its out there and its pretty much in every pan I work. Its actually pretty damn exciting, gold fever in WNY? :) View attachment 856686

Wolf Trap sluice? Yes, they do work fine in fast water.

ryan.reading.50

Jan 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goto south yuba mining youll save a ton on a sluice.. im in wny also.. im by forrestville gowanda area ..

ryan.reading.50

Jan 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice looking rusty gold and one bright piece. Thanks for the photo and the info that there is some gold there in western NY.
What creek where you on.. im down twards gowanda area and see if that creek heads my way or branches my way.. love to check it out

cowboy124aa

Dec 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice looking rusty gold and one bright piece. Thanks for the photo and the info that there is some gold there in western NY.

If your gold looks rusty it is most likely fools gold which is Iron pyrite, which when hasn't been disturb for a long period of time the iron in it will rust. This is a very common mineral found in the north east. Most of the real gold here in New York is remnants of the old ice age deposits but most found at these lower latitudes is very fine or in very small quantities and very scattered. I have panned many area's around 18 mile creek in Western New York and have found next to nothing. But that isn't to say there isn't any around.

harris77

Nov 11, 2018
Western NY
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know it's been a few years since a reply to this thread, but I was wondering if anyone is still prospecting in the area? I am just getting started (wrong time of year I know!), but I have a creek near me that I want to check out and hopefully get a little color in the pan. I'm obviously not going to get rich!

Butcher78

May 17, 2019
Great Valley, NY
Detector(s) used
Royal Manufacturing 30in recirculating Sluice box.
Bounty Hunter Landstar.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This Thread has not been lost... Lol I am new to the game as of a month ago. I live in Springville, Ny. I have been out a few times with no luck. I thought I seen 2 micro prices in my pan but once I put them in my bottle they were gone. I bought Royal Manufacturing’s 30” Recirculating Sluice box but haven’t taken it out in the field yet. I’ve just classified a couple 5 gallon buckets down to 1/4 in and ran it at home. I did find a lot of black sand and magnetite and what looked like Quartz but no real find. I’m not giving up though. Maybe one day I will make back my $300 investment in the sluice box, pan and classifier. I know that sluicing may not be the way to go in WNY. I’m currently looking for a local spot with exposed bedrock to crevice.
Oh, your all not alone when you say people think your crazy. Everyone that knows I bought a sluice box says so.
I was told to make a trip for the weekend and go to NC but I’m not looking to spend more money.
If anyone knows the area I live in and knows of a good place to crevice pls let me know.

triboren

Greenie
Aug 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I'm back lol.. about to start hitting the creeks for gold again. If you ever wanna meet up add me on Facebook William schum or Instagram justlivingthatdream

Battles716

May 1, 2020
Wny
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also new to the prospecting thing to but something I love to do and look forward to doing for years to come. I'm in orchard park ny and have gone a few times but looking to maybe meet up sometime with some new prospectors. Going to letchworth tomorrow with the family to look around let's hope I get lucky

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Will you find enough to pay for a gallon of gas and a small McNuggets, no drinks are included. I live in Hyde Park, NY and there isn't enough gold to pay for a gallon if you worked at it all month. Panned most of the creeks and kills in the area... nada.

Shinebone chicken

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2021
Well if there's anyone in the buffalo ny area that wants to prospect together give me a call my names steve 716-370-4448 till then later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread