Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2013
buffalo ny
Detector(s) used
no detector - gold prospector
Primary Interest:
Other
gold.JPG

did some crevicing last weekend in the buffalo area on a small creek actually pulled up some flakes. anybody else around buffalo ny ever find anything?

Upvote 2

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the yellow! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
B

buffalogold

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2013
buffalo ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks! never knew there was anything up here...always thought west coast and alaska -

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe you should crack some more crevices and see what's hiding--congratulations.

All the best,

Lanny

atvguy

Apr 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! I live south of Buffalo and own some land on a small creek where I too have found small amounts of gold, much smaller unfortunately! I used an old pan once, not a gold pan, and I found a flake. I recently found a piece of quartz with gold flakes in it so I want to do some small time dredging when it finally warms up! I've done some metal detecting in the creek but it's full of metal trash! In fact I found an old Model T leaf spring back there today just sticking out of the creek bank under a tree stump. We have found some amazing Native American stone tools, which are many thousands of years older than you would think they would be, maybe 5,000 years? My dad always said, don't watch where you're going, look at the ground, people lose a lot of things!

OP
OP
B

buffalogold

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2013
buffalo ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
where abouts in wny are you atv guy? im looking for some new creeks to check out - was thinking letchworth sometime soon- and yah it takes a long time to find anything around here. theres not too many places to go. gotta find the small feeder creeks and brooks that have lots of exposed rock and not much sediment and suck the cracks out with a shop vac or some tool.

atvguy

Apr 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm near Chestnut Ridge

800px-Eternal_Flame_Falls_1.jpg I'm near Chestnut Ridge, my creek flows down from Eternal Flame Falls, you may have heard of it, or been there. Using a shop vac is a great idea to get at some gold. Metal detecting & treasure hunting is a great hobby no matter what you find, learning the history of the area you live in is the real pay off.

OP
OP
B

buffalogold

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2013
buffalo ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
or your right around the corner from me - i live out by caz park in south buffalo. ive heard of the eternal flame falls - never checked it out, might have to add that to my list. been to chestnut ridge quite a few times tho.

triboren

Greenie
Aug 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, Bill here from Amherst NY. I just got into the hobby and have went out about 4 times now. Went to 18 Mile Creek and up in East Aurora so far. No luck yet, but its ok Im just learning. Im making a hand powered dredge this week and seeing how that work out for me. I did some crevesing today and thought for sure I had something but no deal lol. Im running into alot of smaller rocks and clay but no real black sand yet. Its a learning process and its something I want to do for years to come. Anyways, Im looking for someone who may want to meet up and do some prospecting with. My friends think Im nuts but thats fine, kinda looking for like minded people who just enjoy being out and the thrill of the hunt. Any tips on some good places to look around here would be great. Not to much on google about gold mining in Buffalo or WNY. Oh and if I do find gold the state can kiss my ass! hahaha, anyways feel free to try me on my google voice number if any of you guys want to put something together. 716-703-8011 -Bill-

triboren

Greenie
Aug 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Prospecting Buffalo NY

Gold Prospecting Buffalo NY, Hey guys Bill again, went out and tried my homemade sluice today and pulled out 7 small flakes. Not bad for an hours worth of work in Buffalo. LOL! Cant wait to go again Sunday. Ill post more pics if I get some :) See attacted images 1146568_10200627138865766_1889838975_n.jpg 536981_10200625656028696_10737469_n.jpg

Hey guys, Bill here from Amherst NY. I just got into the hobby and have went out about 4 times now. Went to 18 Mile Creek and up in East Aurora so far. No luck yet, but its ok Im just learning. Im making a hand powered dredge this week and seeing how that work out for me. I did some crevesing today and thought for sure I had something but no deal lol. Im running into alot of smaller rocks and clay but no real black sand yet. Its a learning process and its something I want to do for years to come. Anyways, Im looking for someone who may want to meet up and do some prospecting with. My friends think Im nuts but thats fine, kinda looking for like minded people who just enjoy being out and the thrill of the hunt. Any tips on some good places to look around here would be great. Not to much on google about gold mining in Buffalo or WNY. Oh and if I do find gold the state can kiss my ass! hahaha, anyways feel free to try me on my google voice number if any of you guys want to put something together. 716-703-8011 -Bill-

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats on the gold Bill :)

Funny lookin' sluice but I guess it's working for ya!!

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Congrats! Its great to find gold in areas not historically known to have been mined. You never know what you might find. You are in an area that was very very heavily glaciated.

triboren

Greenie
Aug 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My poor Sluice! hahahahaha

I know right... lol, it was just something to use while I wait for my order. Its actually working quit good. Best part it was under $20 to make, so complaints here. Yeah I may look a tad funny creekside :) Can't wait to go again tomorrow! #lovemynewhobby

Congrats on the gold Bill :)

Funny lookin' sluice but I guess it's working for ya!!

triboren

Greenie
Aug 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found More Gold in Western New York!

Found more Gold in Western New York! :) buffalonygold.jpg

Gold Prospecting Buffalo NY, Hey guys Bill again, went out and tried my homemade sluice today and pulled out 7 small flakes. Not bad for an hours worth of work in Buffalo. LOL! Cant wait to go again Sunday. Ill post more pics if I get some :) See attacted images View attachment 850781 View attachment 850782

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool, you are gona start the next big rush, i am already packing lol, buffalo is only 3 hrs for me

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's those glaciers that are to blame. Stuff was brought in from Canada by glacition.

triboren

Greenie
Aug 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from doing some prospecting in Arcade NY and got some more beautiful gold :) 20130830_211215.jpg

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Triboren, congrats on the color. I can't figure out what your using for the sluice- looks like car ramps? But at the same time I'm thinking a plastic kids slide? What are the riffles from- looks like they are silicone to the side walls of what? Glad it works- is it heavy?

Gold Prospecting Buffalo NY, Hey guys Bill again, went out and tried my homemade sluice today and pulled out 7 small flakes. Not bad for an hours worth of work in Buffalo. LOL! Cant wait to go again Sunday. Ill post more pics if I get some :) See attacted images View attachment 850781 View attachment 850782

triboren

Greenie
Aug 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RE: Sluice

lol, no they arent car ramps, they are actually rain defusers for the bottom of a gutter drain. You can get them at home depot $6 each. I also glued outdoor carpet to the ripples to catch the fine gold cause the stuff we get in Buffalo is very fine and tends to get washed out with normal panning. Its actually working great and best part is setup cost me like $14 total cause I just took free samples of outdoor carpet from home depot. I paid for the glue the defusers and 2 wood strips I glued into the sites to prevent gold getting flushed out. Its more of a at home sluice and not your bring to the creek cause it tends to want to float lol. Im waiting on my sluice for the creek should come this week, really excited to get it. But its fun finding gold in Buffalo especially when everyone told me its not here. Love proving them wrong, not to mention the hobby is gust fun all around. Im just mad Im getting into it now and its end of summer, ughhh I wish it was May again. Oh well Ill have about 2 months or so before Ill have to pack it up. God if I lived in Cali,Virginia or Arizona Id be at it 24/7! Anyways thanks for the congrats guys, Im just trying to show everyone if you take your time,do some research and practice your technique you can find gold. Hell, 3 weeks ago I went out for the first time so Im very much still learning. :coffee2:

Hello Triboren, congrats on the color. I can't figure out what your using for the sluice- looks like car ramps? But at the same time I'm thinking a plastic kids slide? What are the riffles from- looks like they are silicone to the side walls of what? Glad it works- is it heavy?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread