Who is your favorite Prospector?

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few people I like to watch on youtube and other video sites, Jeff Williams (askjeffwilliams.com), Rob Goreham (49er mining supplies), and Prospector Jess (hunting4gold.com) are a few of my favorites. There are more guys that I can't think of right now, like this really cool australian guy that does hard rock mining, and there is this cool younger guy that has a ton of info and relates the information really well, I really wish I had more details, I am going to have to search my youtube history for that. Who do you all follow? Who makes informative videos that are fun to watch? My brain is hungry!! Happy prospecting.

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buzzard be cause he came to my elementry school and planted the seed.FULLPAN....Kuger. 63 backpacker wish I could have sat around a few campfires with those guys.Astobouncer cause he has the mind of Davinci. Hoser cause I can't understand a word he says and he makes me look like a nice guy:tongue3:. GDMF beuraratz....JIM HEMINGWAY, Trinity AU, REED LUKENS :notworthy: Hurthawk ,Madmarshall.......you guys make me wish I didn't work 55+ hours a week.Any new guys with the fever that go past the dreaming stage and really work it and find out haw much you can actually find, and don't get discouraged and enjoy this awesome "TRADE". All the newbies who give up and provide guys like me with cheap gear:thumbsup: And #1 is Gravelwasher cause he is a cool guy, smart prospector, humble and when we get the chance to head out together the Skunk petty much heads the other way:hello2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SteveDigsGems

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that is awesome that you got such an experience in elementary school! Thank you for all of the names, I will check them out. I'll check Gravelwasher's videos first, since he is #1 and all.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry man but, I dont think he has any videos........as most of the best don't!

hurthawk

Jan 16, 2008
Tuolumne county Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Falcon MD20
Garrett 1500
Fisher F2
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Steve,
I concur with Astrobouncer's comment. But, any source list of prospecting information would be incomplete without mentioning J.R. at "Bedrock Dreams". He is incredibly experienced in multiple aspects of gold mining and provides a total "no B.S." approach to educating less experienced prospectors.
Thanks to everyone for the plugs.
Live Long and Prospect,
Rick (HurtHawk)

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pville - "Hoser, cause I don't understand a word he says...." LMAO, and I thought it was just me! John's just fine when you don't talk about the dreaded
"Ban" or "Cancer from the Klamath". lol

OP
OP
SteveDigsGems

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hurthawk, thank you, J.R. sounds like a great addition to my learning arsenal. Happy hunting!

Dustedyou, I'll check it out.

-Steve

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite is Alex Falco.
You can read about his adventures on the thread...Need Gold Prospecting Areas... Wes

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hands down it is Terry Soloman on this website. He is an expert in anything having to do with gold and knows, like I do, that the LDM is just a romantic legend...

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All John Deason and Richard Oates. I walk in the shadows of these great men.

tinpan

Gold Cube

Feb 20, 2011
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
My favorite prospector is the newbie. A fresh mind that is willing to learn without bias. No preconceptions of what they already are convinced will work. Eager conversation about what they think, that just may make you question what you know. If you are open to it, you too may just learn something new. A strong back willing to move mountains. The look on their face with their first flash in the pan, priceless. The vial they carry to show the world, then everyone gets to relive the day of that vial. It's the joy of a child in a grown-ups heart, THEY are my favorite prospectors. And they are too numerous to list. Welcome to the list.

Mike

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, he left the foot prints on the mnt.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Tim & Terry C, as they are bringing the Gold experience to folks who would not get the Arizona experience if not for their generous offerings of their claims and digs.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joseph Curry aka Don Jose de La Mancha :coffee2:
and Floyd Mann just to name a couple of my treasure hunting hero's :notworthy:

My favorite prospectors are those who are students of the natural world, have a respect for and love nature, and are willing to share their knowledge with others.
In other words most of the folks who post on this forum. :icon_thumleft:

GG~

OP
OP
SteveDigsGems

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information Goodguy. This is a great forum, I am happy to have found it!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm fairly new here but I gotta say my favorite is Lanny in AB. His years of writings in Bedrock and Gold is an incredible source of not only prospecting but for the sheer joy of reading about his experiences. I'm still in 2010 and each article he wrote reminds me of stories worthy of the last page in Field & Stream. THANK YOU Lanny! :notworthy:

OP
OP
SteveDigsGems

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with being new, we are all people. Thanks for the info, I'll do a google search!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread