Who is your favorite Prospector?

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few people I like to watch on youtube and other video sites, Jeff Williams (askjeffwilliams.com), Rob Goreham (49er mining supplies), and Prospector Jess (hunting4gold.com) are a few of my favorites. There are more guys that I can't think of right now, like this really cool australian guy that does hard rock mining, and there is this cool younger guy that has a ton of info and relates the information really well, I really wish I had more details, I am going to have to search my youtube history for that. Who do you all follow? Who makes informative videos that are fun to watch? My brain is hungry!! Happy prospecting.

Upvote 0

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff Williams

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You guys picked easy ones.

Last edited:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Astrobouncer and Reed Lukens. And for cool pics and stories Lanny in AB. I almost forgot Hurthawk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SteveDigsGems

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pmgsourdough, and B H Prospector, good answers! Everyone else, thank you, I will look up your suggestions. Gaussgundesigner is one of the guys I couldn't remember earlier, the Australian guy is BogiZemlja.

OP
OP
SteveDigsGems

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, these are all guys I haven't learned from yet. I really appreciate this!

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do yourself a favor and get away from youtube. Start researching posts from Zooka:aka David Bryce, John (Hoser) Oats, Reed Lukins and Hurkhawk. There are hundreds of guys who have been on prospectors forums who would blow your mind with what they post and how much they know. Start back around 2002 and go backwards.
There is also Steph (I think) in Mongolia. He is a gold freak with how his mind works.

Reading the archives of old forums can make your mind work better when you actually get off the computer and walk the river/creek! A well produced video with poor information can set you back years... and you have just started.

OP
OP
SteveDigsGems

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate that, but assuming that I don't spend time in the river isn't doing either of us any good. When I am done reading and doing field work, I would rather watch a youtube video about what I enjoy doing, than watch T.V. or a movie. "A well produced video will set you back years" Yup, that is why I went to a forum and asked for people's opinions so I could look the prospectors up, and do some research on which videos have the good info. Thanks for trying though.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reed Lukens, Astrobouncer, and HurtHawk I seem to watch consintently... I spend a whole crap load of time watching youtube for gold and even search for vids from rafters hikers and any other footage of an area I am researching or currently in..If you know what your looking for an awesome resource!

OP
OP
SteveDigsGems

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, youtube or any video site can help. There is nothing like having a visual demonstration while you are being told the theory behind what ever is being demonstrated. Another source I came across is I've read postings for hiking "meet ups" and learned information on gulches I had to hike up, just in a few paragraphs posted to inform the hikers of what gear they would need. I also got GPS and altitude info. On the other hand, I have old geology textbooks I found at the second hand store. There is no source I am opposed to learning from, in fact, I want to learn from every source that I can think of.

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For a no BS answer and call them like they see them, here on T-net I like Hoser, Kuger, Pvillehunter. There are lots of others on here that are great as well, those mentioned just add their two bits with the political filters off and they know a lot about what they are talking about. High on the list would be Reed Lukens and Astrobouncer as well.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks for the plugs fellas, I am glad you enjoy my videos. I enjoy making videos because I enjoy watching others videos so much. My videos have definitely improved this year (mostly thanks to stuff I have learned from Indyme2), and hopefully they will continue to improve.

I have a lot of favorites on youtube. Some of my favorite videos to watch are from Indyme2, Reed Lukens, D'Arcy Cooper (Miner or Bust Videos & Boiler box mining), Bucket and Boomer, Hurthawks, Propanner, WalnLiz, ProspectorAl and ManvsGoldNorth to Alaska. I am sure I am forgetting some but thats all off the top of my head. Also Victor Marshall, hes got great music and some great shots to boot.

As for favorite prospectors around here, well really its a great bunch all around here and I am super glad to be a part of this great community.

OP
OP
SteveDigsGems

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Thank you for your input, I can't wait to check your videos out (yours, not just your suggestions). I will watch a few tonight to get me ready for the river tomorrow. Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread