New to dredging

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I just bought a 3" dredge that needed some work, and I almost have it running, and I only need to build the pontoons as well. But I keep reading stuff online that they may ban dredging in Oregon? I know there's already one in affect in California, so the closest i can go is oregon, does anyone know anything about this? and if there isn't a ban when does the season open? and what kind of permits will I need???

Upvote 0

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we are all asking those same questions too.
I bought my dredge 9 months after the Ban started here in Cal.
I haven't even got it wet yet.
Times are hard here.

OP
OP
taternut

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I knew there was a ban and I figured I'd just drive to the rogue but I keep reading that the environmentalists and trying to fight it there as well, it's starting to bum me out lol

Timmy Tom

Aug 14, 2012
Question. Did people in Cali. Make a living from dredging? Before the law? It would seem to me that anyone that paid income taxes on gold recovered from dredging would be exempt from the ban. Also, where or how do they get sand for concrete? Here in Arkansas close by me, they use a super large dredge to recover sands out of the river for concrete and open up channels for barge traffic. Just wandering.

TT

chowe

Mar 23, 2013
Where ever I throw my bed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dredging california.there is a group in north cal. That found a loophole with the sluice pulled off might check it out the 49ers.Something about just transferring high grade and blowing everything else out of the way.anyways

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget that bs as Stopher just submitted,almost 30 days ago his 38 page thesis to the committee to kill it all off since 49rs put all the info on the internet for the enemy to read and use against us. Dumb de dumb de dumb as there goes ALL endruns after almost 4 seasons of providing food for families. John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread