What is legal prospecting in California?

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its better to ask the question "what is going to be legal?" - and that is no motors. If you come this summer from NC why not bring a dredge and have at it. Then
if they catch you just skip town back to east coast. They're gonna make criminals out of us anyways.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

ywevis

Feb 24, 2013
Albemarle, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am leaving tonight..

I thought the rules implied that you can't suction dredge, but can you use a blaster nozzle and work under water with air and move the rocks? Was thinking of doing under water metal detecting haha might be crazy but california has pretty big gold. Compared to NC, as long as I am not using a sluice to run my stuff through I should be good right?

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No motorized equipment. Most people I know are using homemade bazookas and sluices. You'll get plenty of gold just using a sluice if you are in N. Cal. Otherwise, grab your wetsuit, snorkel and snipe the bedrock. You'll probably find some good pickers if not more. Have fun!

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Its better to ask the question "what is going to be legal?" - and that is no motors. If you come this summer from NC why not bring a dredge and have at it. Then
if they catch you just skip town back to east coast. They're gonna make criminals out of us anyways.

Or call ya an Outlaw miner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread