Season 2, Episode 6 of my prospecting video series.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Hope you guys enjoy this episode, I know the lighting isnt the best iv done. In the video I explain some of the reasons I picked that spot to work and some of the indicators that helped me find gold.

Also, if you guys could do me a favor and 'like' and comment on the video (at youtube) it would help my video attract better search results with youtube so I get more viewers. If you dont though, no biggie just enjoy the show.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oldbrundogg

Sep 22, 2012
Oroville
Detector(s) used
99.00 something or other from big 5
Another great video Astro, can't wait to see you move more material from that area.
OBD

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video Astro!
Not a bad take for a few hours. Get that dredge in there and move some gravel.

RotGrub

Jun 13, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video, somewhat tranquil... I would check out that old barn with a MD if the opportunity presents.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Astro,
I did not see lighting problems with the video, thought it was a good one. In one scene did I see a BGT with you and if so was there enough water flow for it to work? Your summation of bringing in a dredge is exactly what I was thinking and you should have just enough water for a 2" dredge to work all day long. From what you found near the surface, though most of it is smaller, you do have quantity so again move more material and let that quantity just keep building up for the end of the day cleanout!

An interesting spot, just a little meandering creek going through a stand of 4" to 6" diameter trees and unless that is a common size of tree it reminded me of having been clearcut at some point in historical time. That is a good sized barn! At some point somebody had money to put that up as well as they had plans for the future but seemingly did not make it. Any thoughts about the age of the barn? A metal detector will not sound off on the Owl chick but I agree with the earlier suggestion of detecting that place if of course it is legal to do so. I would say you've your work cut out for you as that is a lot of time involved in doing both types of searching especially for one person.

Any snakes in the area? I was watching you walking through the downed trees and that was what I was thinking about. Indeed, stay away from snakes and those ticks!

Thank you for an entertaining video With Gold!!!...............63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread