Gold Fever finally put my in the hospital.

TeamNugget

Mar 31, 2013
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, old school out of date.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Finally got released today after 5 WONDERFUL :censored: days in the hospital, I knew the gold fever was gonna get me. Well maybe not gold fever but pneumonia. Guess spending so much time tromping around cold ass rivers and streams done a number on me. Gonna be another week or 2 before I can get back to hunting, :BangHead: Finally got conformation that my highbanker was shipped today, I'll get pics of my setup[THAT I CAN'T USE RIGHT NOW], as soon as its in.

You know you got it bad when the first thing you do after being in the hospital is walk in and look at the vial of tiny flakes wishing to find more before you even give you're wife a kiss.

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh, stuff like that gets noticed by your "partner" in life and I for one suggest you break that habit. I mean I can understand it but it is about as healthy as "tromping around cold ass rivers and streams" and can lead to worse things than what you just spent five days in the hospital for. Just IMHO..........................63bkpkr

Goldhunterwes

Greenie
Apr 27, 2013
Yucaipa, ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter not much time with it. Most my time is with a Thompson puffer drywashers a blower packwasher and then my 5 ft sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As I prospect alone a lot safety is my top priority. I was out tromping around cold snow runoff in 20 degrees F. And fell waist deep in a hole. Lucky I had a full set of clothes boots and jackets just in case and was able to change fast. Always remember Mother Nature don't want you to take her gold and will get you with the cold! Heat too take breaks when you need dead men get no gold.

OP
OP
TeamNugget

TeamNugget

Mar 31, 2013
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm doing better now, I had bronchitis for a month and a half then it turned into massive pneumonia. Few other issues in there was well, my blood oxygen lvl was in the 30's. Lungs we're so clogged I couldn't breathe. Idiots had me on cough suppressant so I wasn't coughing it out and it was continuously building up. They over hydrated the hell out of me, causing me to have noncardiac pulmonary edema, didn't help any cause then I was fricking drowning from the fluid in my lungs. I've got bacteria in my blood that they don't have the slightest clue what it is. But on the bright side, I lost 20 pounds, in a week and a half.

And don't worry 63bkpkr, my wife knows shes the #1 in my world. I just like to mess with her.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just another reason I avoid lawyers, doctors, government agencies and the like. Bleed you dry and help you not. And more often than not you get better on your own. Always remember that someone, somewhere, there is the worlds worst in his/her profession waiting to be discovered. Glad to hear you are doing better!

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been there b4 but diff reason nj has a decent trout population I was hand fishing and fell into a deep spot just below my neck and that was cold water I got out made a fire with my flint stick and ate trout got warm quickly next day though I got a cold

Goldhunterwes

Greenie
Apr 27, 2013
Yucaipa, ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter not much time with it. Most my time is with a Thompson puffer drywashers a blower packwasher and then my 5 ft sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn that's no joke. Make sure you get a 2nd opinion of you feel you need. Tell the doc point blank you want to talk to another dr and get their opinion no offense but they not gonna die if they are wrong.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!!

OP
OP
TeamNugget

TeamNugget

Mar 31, 2013
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys, I'm doing great now, already back in the streams panning. Still not striking it rich, damn highbanker STILL hasn't gotten here, NEVER buy a G1 Concentrator. Should have ordered the Gold Hog.

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys, I'm doing great now, already back in the streams panning. Still not striking it rich, damn highbanker STILL hasn't gotten here, NEVER buy a G1 Concentrator. Should have ordered the Gold Hog.

Good to hear your better, did they ever figure out the bacteria part? I failed my shoulder surgery pre-op couple of days ago , the EKG said abnormal and I've been getting shorter and shorter of breath over last 2 months. I'm getting an echo sound mon morning and hopefully that goes ok and if so not sure what kind of doctor to see; pulmonary then idk endocrinologist I guess. What started as torn labrum has turned into best case sketchy in my case. I'm 35 5'9" 165 so I wish I'd listened a couple of years ago to quit smoking. I got the chantix medicine and it helped a lot to quit (I have tried a few times to quit) if anyone else is trying to quit smoking. Since I quit I can breathe better go figure lol and maybe I can get my health back once they figure out what's causing chest pain and I get the shoulder sewn up.

OP
OP
TeamNugget

TeamNugget

Mar 31, 2013
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good to hear your better, did they ever figure out the bacteria part? I failed my shoulder surgery pre-op couple of days ago , the EKG said abnormal and I've been getting shorter and shorter of breath over last 2 months. I'm getting an echo sound mon morning and hopefully that goes ok and if so not sure what kind of doctor to see; pulmonary then idk endocrinologist I guess. What started as torn labrum has turned into best case sketchy in my case. I'm 35 5'9" 165 so I wish I'd listened a couple of years ago to quit smoking. I got the chantix medicine and it helped a lot to quit (I have tried a few times to quit) if anyone else is trying to quit smoking. Since I quit I can breathe better go figure lol and maybe I can get my health back once they figure out what's causing chest pain and I get the shoulder sewn up.

Never did hear anything back about the bacteria, guess it wasn't as fatal as they said. Their all idiots anyways. You'll end up with 5 other aliments just going in for one damn thing, I ended up getting a Echo done and a CT scan of my chest with the dye crap while I was there. The tube exploded when they went to inject the dye. Everything was a fuster cluck when I was in there, I HATE hospitals.

Hope everything goes good with you monday. Surgery is never fun, just come out in better shape then you went in. I just quit smoking, not really that hard since I hate the damn smell of them to begin with. Just needed a good reason.

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you I'm having trouble waiting till Monday maybe I'm paranoid at this point I guess the guy wouldn't have sent me home on thurs after EKG if I was gonna keel over this weekend right. Lol.

OP
OP
TeamNugget

TeamNugget

Mar 31, 2013
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, it there was any Real concern you'd still be there. Slightly abnormal doesn't mean life threatening. The wait is gonna drive ya kookoo tho.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread