Wayne and HurtHawk hobbies (other than prospecting)

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 3 rescue horses that keep me busy, metal detecting for coins and relics (and nails, screws, pulltabs and bottle caps), astronomy, R/C planes, target shooting / reloading.

Hey, thanks for all of the awesome prospecting videos. I have watched them all and learned a lot.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like the tires on the Honda might be the original. Beautiful condition for being that old and less than 5K miles on it.

Hobbies other than detecting:
Gardening
Backpacking/Exploring the wild country
Wood Working
Fixing things/Inventing stuff
Photography
Staying healthy and fit (not phft)

Nice 34 Ford-Must-Jag-Chev. Looks like an all wood dash? Lovely car! Nice work and I'm guessing under the hood looks just as nice......................63bkpkr

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool video, Rick - That Honda 350 reminds me of a 305 I drove from Dallas to Salt Lake - still have a big knot in my shoulder from that trip! My other hobby
was collecting rocks from around Nevada. Got some amazonite from near Hawthorne (just like in the Prospectors), smoky quartz crystals, turquiose from Tonopah area, nice fire opal from Denio, and nice fossil bones, etc. I also played a lot of golf before my health gave out. Ok, lets hear from the rest of you!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golfing.gif
AND
ham_key.gif

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hunting, fishing, reloading. A little quadding, and souping up my WS6.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the fact that some things that are Hobbies to some fellas are some things that I feel are just part of who I am. I am an Executive Chef at a private country club I play golf some times:laughing7: I love to work on my property and garden/landscape when i can.I play guitar and like to "pick" some old stuff to preserve some history. I also like to collect pretty rocks,catch fish and put some holes in paper at atleast 25 yards

bryanleemc

Mar 31, 2013
Richland, WA
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75, Gerrett 750
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 8 year old son like to take me fishing, hiking, bow and arrow shooting, balsa airplane building, cub scouts, taekwando.... It's a great hobby! :-)

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the fact that some things that are Hobbies to some fellas are some things that I feel are just part of who I am. I am an Executive Chef at a private country club I play golf some times:laughing7: I love to work on my property and garden/landscape when i can.I play guitar and like to "pick" some old stuff to preserve some history. I also like to collect pretty rocks,catch fish and put some holes in paper at atleast 25 yards

Now I see why you're late getting home on Fri nights! I used to caddy as a kid at a private club (most "free" money I ever had in my life!) They were always having partys on Fri. and Sat. nights.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well lessee...skiing, scuba diving, Rocky Mountain hiking, home beer making, travel, being with my young adult children whenever they want. Also standing bear-watch for my wife when she goes out to take nature pictures and working our way thru all the national parks together. Did you know there are national parks in Alaska that allow you to pan and sluice in the parks? Cool!

On top of that, I get out sluicing a lot. Since my kids got independent/adult ish a couple years ago, I've been out every month around the calendar, at least once and usually several outings per month. Helps to be in Denver where there's gold in most every stream and river!

Did I mention that I still work full time? Gonna have to retire sometime soon as I'm too busy to work! LoL

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love fly fishing and playing guitar. Basically any excuse to be on the stream.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahhhh.... For me it's little things like designing, building and flying R/C Sailplanes, Archery, fishing, playing 12 string guitar, and Ren-Faires. My current R/C project is a design for cross country flying that sports a small wingspan of 16 + feet. There are a lot of other things I do or have done for fun but not on a regular basis.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For me it is:
Fishing, exploring the mountains and beaches, surfing the web, drag racing, photography, listening to music, cooking. Someday, I'd like to get a 2 seater T bucket, put a funny car body on it and make it street legal. Unfortunately, I'm too broke.:sad10: Fortunately, that keeps me out of jail!:icon_cheers:

Guess I should add camping. Since I retired, we live in an RV, so we "camp" full time!

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Executive chef, now that is a camp cook and a half:hello2: You make the grub, I'll do the dishes.. Did you ever go back to the area where you were sampling last year when the water started drying up? Curious to see your long tom and multiple pump setup....

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Executive chef, now that is a camp cook and a half:hello2: You make the grub, I'll do the dishes.. Did you ever go back to the area where you were sampling last year when the water started drying up? Curious to see your long tom and multiple pump setup....
Oak - yeah, that's my idea of a perfect partner - get pville to cook, act as an enforcer/lookout, and play guitar to go to sleep at night!

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Along with prospecting, just getting pretty serious about fly fishing & tying. Also do some canoe camping.
In the past a LOT of shooting/hunting, but it's on the back burner now. In the way past drag racing, motocross, Kart racing, bull riding, IPSC shooting, timber sports events, etc.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I like to go bottle hunting at old dumps,rock hunting,fossil hunting,trail building,dog walking,kite flying,metal detecting in creeks,disc golfing,taking pictures of unusuall trees,and almost anything outside & in the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread